Hello and Welcome to Jaguar Froum Register
if this is your first visit, please click the register button to join the worlds #1 jaguar forum!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Juddering on Idle VW Golf 1.6 FSI SE 54 MK5

Hi, first time I'm posting 😳. Recently bought a golf 1.6 FSI SE 54 plate lovely first car 😄. Concerned by a few things. The first major one concerning me is the juddering on idle that can be felt throughout the car. It's coming from the engine and I can feel it on the clutch and break whilst pressed or foot hovering on it. I have put some REDX engine treatment and DIPETANE fuel treatment in which lessened the harshness of it and I'm getting much better MPG and range but its still there. Any ideas?
    54 plate MKV Golf SE 1.6 FSI, 115PS
    VWAG 11 PN6 1K.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to start with a fault code read, are there any engine lights on?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    None what's so ever, it's abit of a weird one beause the rev counter does not move at all when it judders. It's judders twice in a space of two-three seconds balances then five seconds later it'll do the same. Ill have to give it to a mechanic as I don't have a faultcode reader
    VWAG 11 PN6 1K.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure he gives you a printed report of the fault codes otherwise we will struggle to help you.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking every time, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26...spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine does exactly the same. I understand the fsi engine is fuel sensitive and prefers running on premium fuel which I make sure I put in. The previous owner of my car probably didn't and it had some coking which needed the coil pack changing. I haven't tried a fuel additive yet! Needless to say its still showing same symptoms as yours. Just wondering how many other fsi owners have the same issue?
    2004 Golf mk5 1.6 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    It is actually designed to run on 98RON Super Plus ULS petrol and most of the time it is not running in stratified mode in the UK because of the wrong fuel being used.

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    Have the same problem. The local garage changed my ignition coils but I still get the juddering when the car is stationary. Drives fine. Now my engine exhaust light comes on.
    I do not have the engine error codes the garage reset them. I must admit I used regular unleaded I was trying to save on cost but will change to super unleaded now.

1. Is this a common fault with these golfs?
    2. Any recommenations? eg is it a sensor?
    3. A recommeded garage in the Stockport area?

Thanks
    VW Golf 1.4 TSI Match 2011 Grey 51000 mls

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, i too have this trouble with a 1.6 fsi, but only when touching the break. i'm yet to test whether the same happens on the clutch. my garage told me my car was fine. so i hope it is just the fuel thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    There seem to be a lot of Vw golfs doing this.

Are they all the same spec?

Mine is a 1.6 FSI SE 2004 (54)

I've just bought a new coil pack yet to find out if there is a fault on the ECU.

Keep me posted if the fuel makes a difference.
    VWAG 11 PN6 1K.....?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast