Thread: VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

Post Thanks / Like

VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

Hi guys/gals.

I see users asking my Golf gearbox is knackered what gearbox will fit. I thought is would be a good idea to make a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes app that shows all engine and transmission codes on all VAG vehicles.

You can download PDF files of the web but these aren't new, these files are in the help file. This app has taken me a few months to compile the data from ETKA as you can't copy and paste anything. This app shows:

Engines 6,021

AUDI 1,377
    SEAT 658
    SKODA 522
    VW 3,464

Transmissions 12,289

AUDI 3,374
    SEAT 1,237
    SKODA 1,126
    VW 6,253

If you wanted to print all this data from ETKA there will be a lot of pages.

ETKA Engines

Audi 26 pages
    Seat 12 pages
    Skoda 11 pages
    VW 63 pages

ETKA Transmissions

Audi 58 pages
    Seat 19 pages
    Skoda 20 pages
    VW 97 pages

If you have downloaded and used my EOBD II Fault Codes Software there is nothing to install as it uses then same COMCTL32.OCX. If anyone has trouble running this app on a Windows 64bit system let me know and I'll make an installation package.

NOTE:
    With this new update I've added the 8 pdf files saved from ETKA so you can save them all or individually from the app.

If you think this app if useful please click the Like button.

20/10/2015 New Update Link

New updates added.

If you don't want to use my app and extract all 8 PDF files I've added a separate download for the 8 PDF files.

Last edited by Keithuk; 12-09-14 at 02:25. Reason: New update
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've checked all info and corrected typo's on the dates as it easy to copy and paste from the pdf file.

ETKA shows 2015 Golf Sportsvan which the pdf shows 02/14-

I've added the new 8 pdf files to the app which you can save to the app folder.

It appears that with every ETKA monthly update there are new dates added so it will be an on going task to keep my app up to date.

I've downloaded this new update and it works like every app I've added to RapidShare.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've updated ETKA and I've added all new engine and transmission codes if you want my app or the 8 PDF files.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've made a new update for my app of all new models and codes for November 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've made updates to my app.

Engines 6,308

AUDI 1,467
    SEAT 696
    SKODA 553
    VW 3,592

Transmissions 13,033

AUDI 3,903
    SEAT 1,338
    SKODA 1,221
    VW 6,571

If you don't want to use my app then I've added all 8 PDF files if you want to browse through them all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! & thanks!!
    Golf SV SE 2.0 TDI-CR, DSG, climate, KESSY, parking, winter pack, dark rear glass, park assist
    Engine code: CRLB
    Gearbox code: QMM

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't updated this app for a few months so I've finally got around to updating it.

Engines 6,644
    AUDI 1,526
    SEAT 731
    SKODA 596
    VW 3,791

Transmissions 13,449
    AUDI 3,903
    SEAT 1,422
    SKODA 1,331
    VW 6,793

There are new engine and transmission codes.

CBZB in all ranges
    CJSC PASSAT, SKODA SUPERB
    CJXA PASSAT, SEAT LEON, SKODA SUPERB
    CUPA PASSAT, SEAT LEON
    CUVC, CC
    CZDC SCIROCCO
    CZDD GOLF VARIANT
    CZTA JETTA NORTH AMERICAN REGION (NAR)
    CBGA PASSAT
    CNCE AUDI A5 CABRIOLET SPORTBACK COUPE QUATTRO
    CRTC AUDI Q7
    CTBD AUDI A8
    CTGF AUDI A8
    CUEA AUDI Q7
    CVMD AUDI Q7
    CYRB AUDI VORSPANNMODELL
    CZGB AUDI RS3 SPORTBACK
    CZZA AUDI Q7
    CZZB AUDI Q7
    CVKB AUDI A4
    CVNA AUDI A4
    CYMC AUDI A4
    CYRC AUDI A4
    CZHA AUDI A4
    CZVB AUDI A6, A7 SPORTBACK TDI-CR
    CZVD AUDI A6, A7 SPORTBACK TDI-CR
    CZVE AUDI A6, A7 SPORTBACK TDI-CR
    CZVF AUDI A7 SPORTBACK
    DBBA AUDI Q3
    DCZA PASSAT, SKODA SUPERB
    DFCA PASSAT, SKODA SUPERB
    DFEA PASSAT, SKODA SUPERB
    DEHA AUDI Q5
    DEJB AUDI A3 TDI-CR
    DESA AUDI A4
    DETA AUDI A4
    DEUA AUDI A4
    DEUB AUDI A4
    DFTC AUDI Q3
    DFVA AUDI A4
    DFSB SKODA YETI
    CUGA SKODA SUPERB PLUS STYLE

CUUC CADDY
    CUUD CADDY
    CUUE CADDY
    CUUF CADDY
    CUVC TIGUAN, CC
    CUVE TIGUAN
    CXEB CALIFORNIA CAMPMOBIL CARAVELLE TRANSPORTER
    CXFA CALIFORNIA CARAVELLE TRANSPORTER
    CXGA CXGB CARAVELLE TRANSPORTER
    CXHA CARAVELLE TRANSPORTER
    CYVC CADDY
    CRGA GOLF GTD
    CRLD GOLF
    CSDA TRANSPORTER
    CSLC CRAFTER LT
    CZCB CADDY
    CZDB TIGUAN
    CZTA JETTA
    DEBA JETTA
    DELA JETTA

If anyone is interest let me know and I'll upload the new app with the separate PDF links.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing, I will download and save it, it is pretty useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jonathan123 - we don't know what you drive as you car spec only says: 2000 VW, which model and engine do you have?

I update this app every month when I install the new ETKA updates. As you can see from the file date 14=05-2015 I haven't posted a new update because users don't seem that interested in my app. The new ETKA 7.5 Plus shows details in a slightly different format, it now shows the date with the full year and model variants in the same code number.

If you want to print all data that will take a lot of paper. If you print the Audi Engine PDF file that's 85 pages, VW Engine PDF file that's 92 pages, Seat Engine PDF file 8 pages, Skoda Engine PDF 5 pages. The Audi Transmission 232 pages, Seat Transmission 23 pages, Skoda Transmission 20 pages, VW Transmission 321 pages.

With the new app you can right-click on the Engine data and Transmission data and copy any selected data to the Window Clipboard and paste that into a forum or text file.

e.g.

Manufacturer: VW, Mounting Time: 07/2003-01/2005, Model: Bora, Engine Code: BEW, 74Kw, 100PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls , Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI)

Manufacturer: VW, Mounting Time: 08/2009-08/2015, Model: California CampMobil, Engine Code: CAAC, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls , Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

Manufacturer: VW, Mounting Time: 10/2011-07/2016, Model: Novo Fusca Beetle, Engine Code: CAVD, 118Kw, 160PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls , Remarks: Brazil: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys/gals.

This thread has been on here since 27/03/2014. Now the main app is VAG Engine & Transmission Codes 14/05/2014 which isn't new by computer standards but there hasn't been may uses that want it.

The new app has a better feature from the old app where you can right-click on any line of code shown and copy & paste the info to a file or forum. It saves printing out hundreds of sheets of paper.

I save the PDF file from ETKA every month when I update the database. The app will save all 8 PDF files so you can browse or check details. I've just uploaded all 8 PDF files from 05/2017 ETKA as a separate download. The newer PDF files don't show the older models, may app shows them all.

The new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes PDF 12-05-2017 is in post #1 if you only want the PDF files.

If anyone wants the new app let me know and I'll upload that?