View Poll Results: Does the Emissions Scandal Bother You as a VW Driver ?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 32.18%
  • No

37 42.53%
  • Dont Care

8 9.20%
  • Not Really and Issue

14 16.09%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the Latest ?

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the Latest ?

Thought i would start a poll and see what people think...

Post Thanks / Like
    Typo... should be "Not Really an Issue" :P

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go the official VW website, you can enter your VIN number and you will see if your car is affected. Mine isn't!!
    2014 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI-CR, 6 speed manual
    Ordered: Skoda Yeti Outdoor 4x4 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm like quite a few people who've had a letter from VW UK saying that we ARE affected, but that they'll be in touch when they have more to say...
    2010 Golf BlueMotion Estate 1.6L TDI-CR, Silver (LAW7)

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7fd8c4a4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ngane View Post
    If you go the official VW website, you can enter your VIN number and you will see if your car is affected. Mine isn't!!
    http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

Dear Volkswagen customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number WVWZZZ1KZAW****** you submitted, is affected by software that may cause discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. Volkswagen will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We will be in touch with you directly to explain what steps are required. We'll do any necessary rectification work at our cost.

Yours faithfully,

Volkswagen.
    I had a letter of my dealer yesterday stating the same thing.

Type your VIN number into the Use your VIN to see if your vehicle is effected link.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like

Regain Customer's Trust

My wife has a 2012 1.6 TDi which according to the latest information will need both a software update and new injectors. Getting this work done may well take until December 2016 which is a long time away. During this period I doubt that anyone would buy an unmodified car.

VW say that they want to regain customer's trust. A very easy and quick, though maybe expensive for them, method would be to allow owners of "cheating" cars to buy the current EU6 engined version of their car at a very substantial discount with 0% APR and to take their current vehicle in part exchange at a price slightly above the current trade in price for the equivalent petrol model. This may actually give their statements some credibility.
    2012 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I just see that as being an opportunistic way of getting a cheap new car, you have no just cause and if VW sold you the car at cost, they could only knock off 2.4% as that is the margin they are currently able to make. Anyway, why does it make you mistrust them what two software engineers have done for a test on the California market?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was just two software engineers and for the California market how come it is fitted worldwide and also why did the head honcho resign rather than very publicly firing the two engineer. Other members have reported that they have had problems selling their cars.
    2012 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    The new boss of VW has said it is just two software engineers who put the firmware into the EDC (electronic diesel control) software development system and it was then inadvertently put into others cars, even he found it difficult to handle what had happened. Dr Winterkorn (who was a brilliant engineer) resigned because that is what everyone expects these days, a sacrificial lamb. The software only reduces NOX emissions on a chassis dynonmeter when the car is undergoing testing by the California Air Resources Board and their standards are used in five other US states. The NOX defeat software ONLY works where the car has an NOX trap fitted into the exhaust system after the normal DPF/catalyst fitted to EU5 emissions cars EU cars do not have this device as it is not require because our NOX limits are massively higher than those for California. The decision to fit this cheaper method of reducing the NOX figures was taken by the accountants who would not sanction the engineers request of an Selective Catalytic Reduction system (as now used) which was going to add $300 to the price of the car, that will probably go down in accounting history as a bad example of penny pinching.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to me that some folk just want to be negative and play the victim!

If I was in the market for a used car I would be perfectly happy to by an 'unmodified' car. It is the same car it was 3 weeks ago. What is there to worry about and why jump to the conclusion that these cars will be ruined by the upgrades?
    2016 Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Tiptronic. Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic Air Suspension, 14way Electric Two Tone Nappa Sports Seats, Memory Pack, Tow Pack, Area View, Ambient Light Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Pano Roof, Climate, Keyless, Google maps, blah blah etc, etc,

2016 Golf R-Line 1.4 TSI 150PS 7-speed DSG. Pure White, Keyless Entry and Start, Climate Control, 18" Durban alloys, Car-net Guide and inform + App-connect.

11. Thanks Crasher thanked for this post
    Likes Crasher, Webley liked this post
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast