Thread: Engine Light - Error Code P2271 ???

Arbroath, Scotland ... but Yorkshire born & bred.
    Post Thanks / Like

Engine Light - Error Code P2271 ???

Hi folks,

It's good to be joining you my fellow VW owners, I'm very new to this so please be gentle.

My orange engine light has come on my CC 150 2.0 TDi R-Line shortly after a fairly good revving through the DSG gears from 20 to 70-80 mph from tootling around.

Car runs completely as normal, had the VW AA rescue service people put as the dealer was fully booked the rest of the week and is due to go in very shortly. The error code the AA gave was P2271 O2 sensor. I was advised by the dealer that driving the car for a week or so wasn't an issue.

1) What exactly is error code P2271?
    2) Have I been given the correct info from my VW dealer (no harm in continuing to drive) or should I be worried?
    3) Has anyone heard of this occurring before on a 10 month old car?
    4) If it is a Euro 6 car what are the real changes made to the emissions control?

I know It's still under warranty but any advice would be appreciated.

Chris.
    2015 CC R-Line 2.0 TDI-CR, 150PS, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it still under warranty, get them to fix it FOC?

VAG Error Code: 008817/2944
    EOBD II Error Code: P2271

Fault Location:
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130), Bank 1 - Too Rich

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130).
    Fuel pressure.
    Injectors.
    Air intake restricted.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor 2 (G130), Bank 1.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith

Yes the car is new 10 months old under warranty and will be fixed just wanted to know the details and if safe to drive with that error code without causing lasting damage. It's my personal car my pride and joy so don't want to do lasting damage. Thank you so much for detailed info much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith

Car into VW dealer under warranty and the O2 sensor 2 had failed and so replaced under warranty. A bit disconcerting on a 10 month old car, doesn't inspire confidence for the future when It's out of warranty!

Many thanks.
    2015 CC R-Line 2.0 TDI-CR, 150PS, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    This same sensor has come on in my car a couple of times now. My mechanic friend switched the light off and advised me to drive the car hard through the gears. This seems to work. I think I drive too gently and therefore the sensor gets sooty. The second time it happened we did the same thing. It has been months now and the light has not come back on.
    2013 CC GT 2.0 CDTi 140PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply Aorang. I used to have a 2007 Jetta before the cc and the engine light came on on that, like you gave it a good hard run through the Rev range 5 minutes and the light went out and never came back on to selling it. Looks like I'll have to do the same with the cc with the DSG in sport mode. Many thanks for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    In this case I dont think the light will go out. The light needs to be first switched off with one of these computer error finders from a garage. If the light remains off after driving it then you have cleared it. The first time it happened to me the mechanic switched it off but it reilluminated 2 days later. We switched it off again and this time I drove in lower gear on the motorway with the revs over 2000 for 10 miles. This time it worked and did not come back on.

6 months later it did it again so we repeated the process and the light has been off for the last 6 months. Every now and again now I drive in 4th gear on the motorway for 10 miles to burn off the soot.
    2013 CC GT 2.0 CDTi 140PS