Thread: Caddy 08 bls 1.9 boost issues

Post Thanks / Like

Caddy 08 bls 1.9 boost issues

Hi there. New to this but here goes. Hope someone can help if possible. I have a boost issue fault code p0299. I have had the turbo off and checked everything came back ok. I have changed the n75 valve and intercooler sensor. I think i have checked hoses. I have tested intercooler pipework from turbo to egr everything holds there fine. I am stuck on what to do next can anyone help. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    16683 (P0299) - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

That's underboost, you have a vacuum leak in the control system, normally inside the dirty great big black box in the bulkhead, which idiot has been doing your diagnostic work for you?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. I had a lad look at it and he said turbos are comman on these with the veins sticking. I knew that but wasnt sure that was my problem. Only a couple of hours to remove and get checked so not too bad🤔🙁Where is this black box located in the bulkhead dont want to sound stupid but i can not see it anywhere. My vehicle runs fine if you turn the key off and back on again but as soon as you come to a hill or put it under a bit of load light comes on and pops it straight into limp mode. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    The first step is to disconnect the 3mm vacuum line from the servo feed pipe and apply a vacuum to it, you should not be able to draw air.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disconnected the 3mm hose and put a syringe on the pipe to test it that way. I got half way down the tube before it stopped (big 100ml syringe) then when i let go it pulled back in a little. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    VAG Error Code: 16683/000665/11226/15343/5671/7384
    EOBD II Error Code: P0299

Fault Location:
    Boost Pressure Regulation - Control Range Not Reached/Low Boost

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Reduced Power Output.
    Limp Mode.
    Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo

Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected or leaking.
    Charger Pressure Control defective.
    Turbocharger faulty.
    Diverter Valve faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
    Check/Clean/Replace Charge Pressure Control.
    Check Turbocharger.
    Check Diverter Valve.

Special Notes:
    If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical/internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

Gasoline:
    When found in 2.0l TFSI:
    Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) (Turbocharger Recirculating Valve) for cracked rubber diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # 06H-145-710-D (or newer).
    Rest of World (RoW) vehicles see: Technical Product Information (TPI) 2016331 for details.
    North American Region (NAR) vehicles see: Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 01-07-70 or 2013392 for details.
    When stored in conjunction with misfire codes and/or fuel trim faults see the notes associated with the following faults regarding Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) failure: Crankcase Breather Valve
    When found in Audi A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet (8K): 2.0l (CAEB):
    See Technical Product Information (TPI) 2031245/6 - turbocharger excessive waste-gate play.

Diesel:
    When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
    Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Valve Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding.
    When found in the 1.9 L TDI-PD (BLS):
    Check vacuum supply from the vacuum reservoir located in the valve cover for leaks. Using a vacuum gauge, wiggle the valve cover and hose connections to check for a leak. The following photo was submitted from a customer working on a 2010 VW Caddy (2K chassis) with this vacuum reservoir problem.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you need to operate the turbo boost valve in Basic Settings 011 and see if the actuator achieves full movement in each direction.

Vile Invention