Thread: daylight lights turn on/off intermitantly

Post Thanks / Like

daylight lights turn on/off intermitantly

I recently noticed that as my wife drove her polo tsi into the carport ( its like a garage with no doors for wheelchair access ) the drivers side daylight light went out , as she moved a bit further into the car port it came back on and the passenger side went out then came back on. why does this happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    The light sensor in the interior mirror picks up the ambient light and wants the headlights on.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine used to automatically flick between full beam and dips. Didn't notice until cars kept flashing their lights at me.
    Mechanic said it was a light sensor. Easy fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are all getting confused about which lights I am talking about randomly going on/off. I am NOT talking about the headlights I am talking about the daytime lights that are underneath the headlights.

Post Thanks / Like
    The DRL's are programed to turn off when the headlights come on but are the DRL's randomly turning off and on?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    see my first posting , the bottom lights are randomly going on/off , I forgot to mention the headlights were on at the times when this happens

Post Thanks / Like
    The DRL's were randomly and alternately going on and off?
    is it possible that you have corner assist on your Polo?
    This turns the fog light or possibly drl on, in the direction the steering is turned. If your Mrs is turning the steering about central whilst completing the manoeuvre this may be what you are seeing. My Golf does this, stops me from running over the cat......
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same on mine so I thought it was on all fog light equipped VWs. Does seem like a bit of a pantomime at times when manoeuvring in confined spaces with the headlights on. I also have the fog lights show, steering dependant while reversing.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Anne View Post
    Same on mine so I thought it was on all fog light equipped VWs. Does seem like a bit of a pantomime at times when manoeuvring in confined spaces with the headlights on. I also have the fog lights show, steering dependant while reversing.
    It can be disabled on my Golf but decided to keep it enabled as now the cat knows which way to run.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

10. Likes Crasher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keith, I meant to ask what the car is?

Vile Invention