Thread: 07 passat 2.0t FSI ebrake fault

Post Thanks / Like

07 passat 2.0t FSI ebrake fault

Hi. I am having problems with my ebrake. It was saying fault and I got on here an read that I could disconnect the battery for 35 sec and connect it back an put the key in on ACC with foot brake on an press button twice wait a sec and do it again. Well I did that and know it is locked up and will not release and the ESP is off and will not turn on need help.. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The early 3C EPB system was very fragile, it is even possible to damage the ECU just by being too quick using the diagnostic system, Ross Tech are very cautious in their approach to the early system. Using that silly technique you were told can blow the handbrake ECU if one of the rear calipers is faulty, they often are-it is a pity you can't hold the person who told you that stupid piece of advice responsible for the damage. I keep the calipers in stock new from TRW as I often need them and we do have to fit the occasional ECU on the 2006>2008 model.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index..._Parking_Brake
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Omg i hope that what i did fudged up the system. Will this fix it from staying engaged cause i cant drive it its in ebrake mode and the tracktion control is turned off by it is self. the video helped me to change the brakes but does not show how to get them unlocked. Iam going to get a new switch i looked at the one i had in the car and there is something rattling in side.I look to see if someone here in Detroit can do this for me. until i can get one of them vlc
    Last edited by Got boost; 12-01-17 at 00:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    The easiest watt get the brake off is to remove the caliper motor and slacken the actuator off with a 13mm spanner.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: