Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parking Assist kicking in unexpectedly

Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect that Aunty Pasty is really referring to Park Pilot, not Park Assist. I have both functions on my Golf 7. As CJJE pointed out, Park Assist is where the car takes over the steering when parallel or perpendicular parking. Park Pilot, on the other hand, uses the sensors to warn you if the car is approaching an obstacle, and can be used when parking manually.
    2016 Golf Match Edition 1.4 TSI 125PS, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRC View Post
    I suspect that Aunty Pasty is really referring to Park Pilot, not Park Assist. I have both functions on my Golf 7. As CJJE pointed out, Park Assist is where the car takes over the steering when parallel or perpendicular parking. Park Pilot, on the other hand, uses the sensors to warn you if the car is approaching an obstacle, and can be used when parking manually.
    Yes sorry for the confusion and thanks for clarifying. I knew it was "Park" something.
    2017 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI DSG Performance Pack. 5Dr Carbon Grey.
    Previous: 2010 Golf mk6 GT 2.0 TDI DSG

Post Thanks / Like

Parking Assist kicking in unexpectedly

If your park whatever is bothering you with too many unwanted triggers then why not take the car back to the dealer and ask them to run through the setup procedure ? - It's under warranty and they may be able to help.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ours is the same, beeps on most journeys, mainly in traffic. She's just the sensitive type!
    2017 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI-CR, Manual, Standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've recently switched off the "auto-on" feature as I was finding every now and then, for the first couple of miles of a journey, the sensors would come on every time I stopped (in traffic, at a roundabout, junction, etc) and then beep continuously warning me of a sold object in front of the car (which wasn't there).

Went into the Car Menu, and switched the auto feature to off. The sensors still come on when I reverse. Now, if I drive in to a parking space, or a narrow gap, I just press the button to the left of the gear lever.
    2015 Golf SV GT 1.4 TSI (100kW/150ps/147HP - Engine Code: CZDA). 7 Spd DSG. Aztec Gold. Alcantara Upholstery - Titan Black/Quartz. Dijon 17" Alloy Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunty Pasty View Post
    Cheers guys. I guess the feature is a bit touchy then maybe overly sensitive.
    I turned off the automatic activation in the car settings, and now just press the button to the left of the gear stick when I need assistance parking. This has solved the issue.
    2015 Golf SV GT 1.4 TSI (100kW/150ps/147HP - Engine Code: CZDA). 7 Spd DSG. Aztec Gold. Alcantara Upholstery - Titan Black/Quartz. Dijon 17" Alloy Wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12