Thread: Rear fog lights + Air suspension

Post Thanks / Like

Rear fog lights + Air suspension

How many rear fog lights should I have on my 2013 R Line? There seem to be 2 but only 1 lights up, on the off-side. Is this a RHD/LHD scenario or should they both be on?
    And with apologies for so many basic questions but I am unable to get answers fro my dealership. There is a note in the handbook to the effect that, when changing wheels, the suspension should be at max height. You achieve this by using a switch on the dash.
    Nowhere can I find such a switch - am I missing something really basic?
    2014 Touareg R-Line 3.0 V6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't looked at the Touareg but I would say its the same as other VW models. They only fit one rear fog lamp which is the legal requirement. Does the one work?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there should only be one working fog light on the off side.

Air suspension needs to be in jacking mode which involves pressing the switch on the centre console marked 'Lock'. No switch suggests no air suspension.
    2016 Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Tiptronic. Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic Air Suspension, 14way Electric Two Tone Nappa Sports Seats, Memory Pack, Tow Pack, Area View, Ambient Light Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Pano Roof, Climate, Keyless Entry and Start, Google maps, blah blah etc, etc,

2016 Golf R-Line 1.4 TSI 150PS 7-speed DSG. Pure White, Keyless Entry and Start, Climate Control, 18" Durban alloys, Car-net Guide and inform + App-connect.

4. Thanks Vwcaddyman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK thanks. There is only 1 rear fog light, on the off side. I'd half thought that 2 would be fitted, partially for extra visibility and partially to cover European driving as the rear fog light should be on the off-side.
    Regarding the suspension I thought that R-Line had air suspension as standard? It was the SE version that came with springs?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, steel springs are standard fit on R-Line Touaregs. If you had Air you would have additional switches in the centre console.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	5601  
    2016 Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Tiptronic. Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic Air Suspension, 14way Electric Two Tone Nappa Sports Seats, Memory Pack, Tow Pack, Area View, Ambient Light Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Pano Roof, Climate, Keyless Entry and Start, Google maps, blah blah etc, etc,

2016 Golf R-Line 1.4 TSI 150PS 7-speed DSG. Pure White, Keyless Entry and Start, Climate Control, 18" Durban alloys, Car-net Guide and inform + App-connect.

7. Thanks cityman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice. Mt fault as I bought the car in a bit of a rush and seemed to have had a salesman who had only been on the job a couple of weeks. I didn't get much of an explanation and a few wrong comments; I'm still unsure as to what exactly I have as off road capability - hill descent etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - do you know if it's possible to get another rear fog light fitted so there are two? Only ask as I do a lot of continental driving. I've asked my local dealership who were particularly unhelpful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cityman View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Mt fault as I bought the car in a bit of a rush and seemed to have had a salesman who had only been on the job a couple of weeks. I didn't get much of an explanation and a few wrong comments; I'm still unsure as to what exactly I have as off road capability - hill descent etc.
    For serious off roading the Escape model still retains the transfer box and selectable low range that was present on all previous generation Touaregs.
    The low range was dropped I guess because most Touaregs are used as the proverbial Chelsea tractor and never venture off road.
    You will still have fairly capable off road ability within the confines of the R line bodywork...hill descent is on all models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cityman View Post
    Thanks - do you know if it's possible to get another rear fog light fitted so there are two? Only ask as I do a lot of continental driving. I've asked my local dealership who were particularly unhelpful!
    Most things are possible if your determined enough. If you really think it's worth it for the amount of use it's likely to get could pick up a left hand drive light unit while you are abroad then get a good independent garage in your area to fit it and run wiring across.