Thread: Forum Down Time: 11 - 12th May 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Post Forum Down Time: 11 - 12th May 2017

Hi,

Well as you may have noticed the forum was off line for a day and a half... Everyone needs a break and our server decided it was time lol

In short we ran out of disk space, combined with the hosting companies infrastructure taking wayyyy to long to recover a backup caused this issue.

Solution... VolkswagenForum.co.uk will have its own server in the next few weeks...

Sorry for this but im a team of one with a full time job

2. Thanks Aunty Pasty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I posted yesterday. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21840

Does the Skoda forum use the same server?

I'm having another problem with this forum. I can't post error codes and I just tried to edit a post I've just made and it comes back with an error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /editpost.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Keithuk

Please send me a PM or email with the issues and I will look into it.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was last on this site Monday 22nd May no problem. I tried to come on Tuesday site not available along with the http://www.skodaforum.co.uk/

I emailed Crasher to see if there was a problem. He said there was a problem with this site last week but it works this week.

I use IE11 all the time I tried FireFox and it found the site once then it stopped.

Rory I've sent you PM's before but you never answer anything.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on here on Tuesday 15th I was replying to a Crasher PM. I clicked preview to check it looked ok. I click send and it wouldn't send. I checked the site and as before its not available the same goes for the Skoda site http://www.skodaforum.co.uk/

Today is the first time its shown. What is it which this site and the Skoda site doesn't show when every other forum shows?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi Keith,

The issue is with the firewall that it can block normal users.... We have updated the rules and it should be fine now.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Rory