Thread: 2017 Model Radio won't turn off

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Model Radio won't turn off

Hi, New to the forum and had my new golf 5 weeks now and just got back home and then radio won't turn off. Manually turned it off 6 times and within 20 seconds it has turned itself back on again. Turned the car off with key out of the ignition and again it turns itself back on.
    Called the garage where I bought it from and they advised due to their busy schedule to call out VW Recovery as they can use own diagnostic computer.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Model Radio won't turn off

In my Golf 7 if you press and hold the radio power button it reboots, this may possibly be a solution.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikyBob View Post
    In my Golf 7 if you press and hold the radio power button it reboots, this may possibly be a solution.
    Many thanks for your help, SpikyBoB.
    The radio did eventually turn itself off. The garage where I bought the car from new (5 weeks ago) couldn't book me in until June and now the 12th and the VW Assistance came out. He hadn't seen one of the touchscreens before. However he immediately told me that there is a problem with the head unit (the info was on his updates computer) which needs to be changed before they can provide a software update.
    My mirrors (folding, often don't), reverse passenger side mirror on reverse (doesn't always), phone connectivity, tyre pressure info and retention of settings within the touchscreen had been playing up and because this Golf compared to ones I'd owned in the past has so much technology I thought it was me possibly not understanding it fully especially as I had called the garage to query a few issues with the touchscreen which they didn't seem to have an answer for suggesting that I hadn't perhaps correctly entered the settings.
    Bit disappointed really as it was obviously sold with a known faulty head unit and at the very least in need of a software update, but only once the head unit is replaced when the touchscreen is playing up, but can be updated if the unit is not turning itself on and off. The drivers door has also developed an intermittent rattle.
    The TPI is 2046599/4 PRNO 18F for the fix.
    Now concerned of course that once the touchscreen unit is popped out and the new head unit is installed that the fit won't be as it was before. Still got to give them a chance and I hope that once this has been done the car will be as my previous VW's were.
    I like the car generally and as my wife's VW UP! had always had a connectivity issue with our phones and GPS which was never really fixed I did buy with some reluctance having been a BMW owner for the last 3 cars with not a single issue.
    I'll update here with the outcome for the issues and fingers crossed it is positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE.

After taking my car back to the garage, it turned out that the VW Assist was wrong. My model doesn't have sat nav so it was not a head unit replacement, but two software updates via sd card in the glove compartment.

Seems to be working ok now.

Little annoying though that it was sold without the software updates.