Thread: Can I install a Halogen-LED bulb in this type of Halogen-Headlight housing legally?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I install a Halogen-LED bulb in this type of Halogen-Headlight housing legally?

Hello,
    I was wondering whether I could install at lease one Halogen-LED bulb in the headlight? For example, can I install them both for the Low Beams, High Beams, and Parking Lights, or only the low beams, or not for anything at all?

Sorry for the image being upside-down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_13735.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	5625  

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful Banned subjects
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I guess. However this is just a genuine question, I don't want to do anything to the headlights that would annoy other drivers, so I'm just asking because I'm unfamiliar with the aspect of installing LED bulbs in a Halogen headlamp . But yeah, my bad.
    However, is it possible to buy an LED OEM VW headlamp, and install it on the car when the car is originally fitted with Halogen headlamps - is there any additional wiring that would be required to make that possible?
    2005 Passat 2.0, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    The law says that no exterior light unit designed for an incandescent bulb can have an LED fitted and still comply with the construction and use act.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimas1234 View Post
    Thanks, I guess. However this is just a genuine question, I don't want to do anything to the headlights that would annoy other drivers, so I'm just asking because I'm unfamiliar with the aspect of installing LED bulbs in a Halogen headlamp . But yeah, my bad.
    However, is it possible to buy an LED OEM VW headlamp, and install it on the car when the car is originally fitted with Halogen headlamps - is there any additional wiring that would be required to make that possible?
    Hi there did you ever get an answer to your question as I am thinking about changing to at least a brighter dipped bulb as they are dangerously dull compared to my last car. Thanks.
    2017 Golf GT BMT Edition 2.0 TDI-CR