Thread: Tire pressure?

Post Thanks / Like

Tire pressure?

Hey guys,

I can't find how much to pump my tires up by? I've got a 2016 Polo Match. The handbook doesn't say, neither does the side of the door or the fuel cap. The tires themselves say 51 Psi max but this seems high to me. Someone told me 31 PSI?

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lebjos View Post
    Hey guys,

I can't find how much to pump my tires up by? I've got a 2016 Polo Match. The handbook doesn't say, neither does the side of the door or the fuel cap. The tires themselves say 51 Psi max but this seems high to me. Someone told me 31 PSI?

Any advice?
    Tyre pressure label on my 2013 Polo Match Edition is on a label inside Petrol Filler flap - Hankook 185/60 R15 Front and Rear 1.9 bar/ 28 p.s.i.
    If these pressures are not satisfactory, suggest tyre manufacturer's website.
    2013 Polo 6R Match Edition 1.2, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian7NS View Post
    Tyre pressure label on my 2013 Polo Match Edition is on a label inside Petrol Filler flap - Hankook 185/60 R15 Front and Rear 1.9 bar/ 28 p.s.i.
    If these pressures are not satisfactory, suggest tyre manufacturer's website.
    This is really strange, I have owned the car from new and have done 9000 miles without topping up the air in the tires.

I hooked up the pump yesterday and set it to 31psi, it took air out of all the tires! Apparently they were all around 34psi...
    2016 Polo Match Engine????

Post Thanks / Like
    As said the tyre pressures are on the sticker on the fuel filler flap. If yours is missing then you can get a new one from a dealer or read the handbook. Mine is 36psi on 225/45/17.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recommended tyre pressures will mainly depend on wheel/tyre size, but vehicle weight (Diesel\Petrol) & load configuration can also play a part.

Here's a site that covers most vehicles: https://www.puretyre.co.uk/tyre-info...yre-pressures/
    2016 Polo BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT 150PS