Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat nav info centre

Post Thanks / Like

Sat nav info centre

Does the sat nav get updated when the car goes in for a service at VW dealer? Is there anyway to update it without going to main dealer?
    2017 Golf GTD Estate 2.0 TDI-CR 184PS
    2004 Golf GT 2.0 TDI, 140PS (now sold)
    2013 Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Not in my SV case.
    2. Yes, Chris will explain.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    According to VW - when I purchased mine in April - yes (presumably you can ask not to have it done) but it costs 159 for a Touareg!!!!
    2014 Touareg R-Line 3.0 V6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    From new your vehicle will have three years of free updates, that is two per year. Generation 1 DNS unit update has just been released, gen 2 will follow.
    The updates can be done via the VW website and will need to overwrite the original SD card nav info. There is a software app for PC/Mac which will handle this.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a link to the app on the vw site?
    2017 Golf GTD Estate 2.0 TDI-CR 184PS
    2004 Golf GT 2.0 TDI, 140PS (now sold)
    2013 Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like

What?

Sorry Spikybob but that means deddly to me what needs to happen? VW tell me that they and only they can uprate the SatNav so do you have another route??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cityman View Post
    Sorry Spikybob but that means deddly to me what needs to happen? VW tell me that they and only they can uprate the SatNav so do you have another route??
    Sorry Cityman was that "Diddly-squat" you meant? Did you also mean update the map data or indeed uprate the Sat Nav?
    If you are after the map updates, then If you Google "VW Sat Nav updates" then you will find more info.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - ****** predictive text! Yes I meant update the maps. I guess software updates to the actual unit will be a VW job. I had a stand alone Garmin in the old Discovery and that came with lifetime upgrades and map updates at no cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly there are no free map updates from VW for the RNS 850.
    2016 Touareg R-Line Plus 3.0 V6 TDI 262PS 8-Speed Tiptronic. Canyon Grey Metallic, 21" Mallory Alloys, Dynamic Air Suspension, 14way Electric Two Tone Nappa Sports Seats, Memory Pack, Tow Pack, Area View, Ambient Light Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Pano Roof, Climate, Keyless Entry and Start, Google maps, blah blah etc, etc,

2016 Golf R-Line 1.4 TSI 150PS 7-speed DSG. Pure White, Keyless Entry and Start, Climate Control, 18" Durban alloys, Car-net Guide and inform + App-connect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I've had a look and there isn't a card in the info centre so I assume that means it is a dealer only update for everything. (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast