Thread: Aggressive start up?

Post Thanks / Like

Aggressive start up?

Hi all need to tap into your wealth of knowledge again as I am clueless.. recently changed the throttle body on my 2004 touran 2.0 sport tdi dsg I did mention before that sometimes it turns over first time then if I knock it off it will struggle to turn back over and take awhile to fire it up.. recently on start up there has been only what I can describe as quite a noticeable and aggressive sounding noise on start up as if the engine is struggling then there is a bit of a loud roar/grumble and then it starts up and the last 3 times when in neutral or park when I put it into drive or reverse then it has stalled and I have to restart it with the said loud and aggressive turn over any thoughts or ideas before I take it to my local vw this week would be great. Sorry for the Essay and thanks in advance
    2004 Touran Sport 2.0 TDI-PD

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you just plug in the new throttle body? You need access to VAG-COM\VCDS to check basic settings.

Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply Keith I'm guessing the guy I had to do the work has just plugged it straight in as you said I'll get onto him and ask him what he did but failing that I'll have to ask the vw garage when it goes in Wednesday for a new seat belt retainer as the alarm won't stop going off another problem to add th the list Haha thanks again much appreciated 👍🏻

Post Thanks / Like
    So are you taking it to a VW dealer or VW garage? Tell them to use VAG-COM\VCDS.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.