Thread: Electric sliding doors faulty

Post Thanks / Like

Electric sliding doors faulty

Hi,

we have a sharan with the electric sliding doors. We live on a killer of a hill and the manual doors would take your arm off! I queried when buying the car whether they would cope on a steep hill but was told there would be no problem.

The passenger side rear door is now faulty for the second time. The first time it wouldn't open or close and they claimed they reset the onboard computer and it worked.

It broke again last night and won't open but will close itself. It was opening enough to click off the lock so I could manually open it but now it won't open at all.

I'm worried that this is the second time it has been faulty and the car is only 2 years old. I don't want to be stuck with a recurrent fault once the warranty runs out.

Anybody have any issues with them? Any advice for when I take it back to the dealers again? I have to fight with them every time it goes in for repair or service as they always give me a polo as a courtesy car which is ridiculous when I'm bringing in a 7 seater people carrier. I have a big car for a reason!!

Thank you
    2015 Sharan BlueMotion SE 2.0 TDI-CR - CFGC, NGJ 6 speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Your signature says: 2015 VOLKSWAGEN SHARAN SE TDI BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY CODES - CFG NGJ

CFG on a Sharan can be

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/2013-11/2015, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: CFGC, 130Kw, 177PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2010-01/2013, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: CFGB, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-11/2015, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Transmission Code: NGJ, Transmission Type: 6S

I would say its CFGC by the year.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Your signature says: 2015 VOLKSWAGEN SHARAN SE TDI BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY CODES - CFG NGJ

CFG on a Sharan can be

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/2013-11/2015, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: CFGC, 130Kw, 177PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2010-01/2013, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: CFGB, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-11/2015, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Transmission Code: NGJ, Transmission Type: 6S

I would say its CFGC by the year.
    this is the sticker? How do I know which one it is? I just followed the instructions from the other post with which codes to write down?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8708.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	5706  
    2015 Sharan BlueMotion SE 2.0 TDI-CR - CFGC, NGJ 6 speed

Post Thanks / Like
    As with stupid VW labels they don't give the full engine code yours says CFG on you 2015 Sharan that would be as I've posted:

If you look at the sticker on the timing belt cover that should say the same CFG, I have no idea why the abbreviate the full code.

Mine says CBB which is CBBB:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2009-05/2010, Model: Golf GTD, Engine Code: CBBB, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR), GTD

As I've said Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2011-11/2015, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Transmission Code: NGJ, Transmission Type: 6S

Is a 6 speed manual transmission.

The colour code is LR7H.

If you want to know what all the 3 figure option codes at the bottom mean you can check those online VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.