Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for new tyres and replacement alloy wheel?

Post Thanks / Like
    From doing some research, it seems like the wheel has a flat spot as opposed to being buckled.

I've found a local company who say they can straighten the wheel for 52.80. Has anyone had an alloy straightened? If so, was it a success?
    Mk7 Golf BlueMotion Tech SE 1.4 TSI
    MkII Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.4 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    From doing some research, it seems like the wheel has a flat spot as opposed to being buckled. I've found a local company who say they can straighten the wheel for 52.80. Has anyone had an alloy straightened? If so, was it a success?
    Yes as I mentioned in your other thread, it just depends upon how bad the damage is of course. You could also speak to your VW bodyshop to see who they use and how successful repairs are. Mine was fine and almost invisible. I'd recommend cross climate tyres as also mentioned.
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    As CJJE says. I lived in Glasgow for five years and I know the weather there and I'd go for Michelin CrossClimates. I've been running CrossClimates for over two years now: Grip in Rain Snow and Slush is brilliant and economy is reasonable as well.
    2008 Touran Sport, 2.0 TDI 140, Slate Grey
    (Spec:- Engine BKD; Gearbox KDM; Highline electrics)
    Mods:- Touran Match Black headlights & Anthracite taillights, Touran R-Line lower fog light grilles and centre grille, VW Votex Rear lower bumper spoiler & Side Sills, VW Namib wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12