Thread: End of SV in sight?

Post Thanks / Like

End of SV in sight?

Just seem on Bloomberg (Business Channel) that "VW are to cull Golf variants to pay for electric vehicles" No more detail on the channel (Sky 502).
    As a SV facelift is in the production pipeline hopefully this is someway off!!

Not good news if it is true.
    2014 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Golf Cabriolet has already gone, but the Estate and SV are selling fairly well across Europe as a whole, so perhaps it's just the Scirocco and 3 door Golfs? But I've also seen on Autocar that the Up! is likely to get chopped in Europe as it's too difficult to make a small car with low CO2 emissions.

The main problem I see with electric cars (apart from having to wait half an hour every 300 miles to recharge it!) is how will people tow caravans? I've a suspicion that culling petrol and diesel cars will see a massive increase in popularity for dual cab pickups just like they took over in the USA when the government there targeted gas-guzzling cars.

PS: It looks like this story first surfaced back in October 2016, so little has happened yet apart from the Cabriolet going, and talk of the Scirocco not being updated/replaced.
    Last edited by CJJE; 13-09-17 at 12:48.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.