Thread: Crafter 109 LT35 2006 Loss of power

Post Thanks / Like

Crafter 109 LT35 2006 Loss of power

On starting up from cold this vehicle has plenty of power for about 40 miles when stopped and left to stand for a few hours and started up again goes well for a few miles and it pulls back to 40 mph, in order to make it get back to speed, I have to turn off engine and restart and full power is resumed for a few miles till problem returns and have to do same procedure, Any advice Please..........

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Don't think that making an intro will fix this comment as you've already ask the question.

It sounds like Limp Mode.

Limp mode: What is it, what are the causes, and how to fix it for the Audi and VW TDI diesel turbo

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks Midniteken thanked for this post
    Likes Midniteken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keithuk
    Thanks for the information, I took vehicle to garage and I was told no faults found, but fault is still there, I am thinking its a job for VW agents and Shilling n Pence will ring up drastically.. My Vehicle is the Crafter 109 LT35 up to 2006 and I would like info on a sanner tool for my laptop so as i can do my own checks.....Many Thanks...... Ken............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57 (2).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	5809
    2006 Crafter LT35 2.5 TDI 109PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Just on a side note your spec said 2.4 TDI they don't make a 2.4 spec changed.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.