Thread: newbie Y reg 2001 new beetle help / advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

newbie Y reg 2001 new beetle help / advice needed

Evening all, newbie to the new beetle, sorry inadvance if this is posted in the wrong forum (no '98 onwards new beetle forum ? )
    Two quick questions;
    1) does anyone happen to know the part code for the rubber (stopper) grommet for the 2001 1.6 sr plastic engine cover ? Had a look at the etka sites online, but couldn't match one. are they a generic part (i'm missing one so the engine sounds awful when using the engine going down hill
    2) I know people have said avoid the ebay obdii scanners, does any one know if the cheap (40-50 quid ones on say amazon will clear airbag warning lights on the dash ? Cant afford the pricyer ones at the mo.

Thanks inadvance, and sorry once again, its been awhile since having a vw, espacially getting used to the new beetle.
    Mike

P.s should mention, when i got the car i got a mobile key cutter to make a spare key, he used a (2 button odbii unit) to try and read the code, but it wouldn't. Couldn't see the model as it was covered in gaffer tape. Just incase you've had the same problem / affects any recommendations.
    Cheers again
    Currently, 2001 new beetle.
    Previously; Mk2, Mk3 Golf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry just seen '98 beetle listed at the bottlem will repost there
    Mike
    Currently, 2001 new beetle.
    Previously; Mk2, Mk3 Golf.