Thread: Mk5 golf intake manifold flap issues

Post Thanks / Like

Mk5 golf intake manifold flap issues

Hi all I bought my mk5 with the emission workshop light on and plugged it in and got codes for manifold intake flap Iíve since replaced the valve and the egr valve and Iím still getting the same codes after clearing the fault it comes back maybe 3 or so times after using the car the flap moves and works as Iíve taken the pipe off the bottom and had a mirror in there which to me would suggest a wiring issue Iíve checked the fuse that usually blows and everything is fine and working anybody have any ideas were to start or any other suggestions as itís doing my head in now!!!
    Last edited by Moanyraz; 12-02-18 at 14:31. Reason: Adding info

Post Thanks / Like
    Which engine?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Post the error codes that are found?

Clearing codes does nothing only clear the ecu memory. You have to fix the problem first then rescan.

Your car spec says 0 only what you've put in here. Which engine is fitted?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

4. Thanks Moanyraz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys new to this thanks for pointing me in the right direction I’ve edited my profile I think, my golf is a 2.0 gt tdi 140 BKD engine code and the original fault codes I was getting were p2100 and p2102 hence I changed the ASV and cleared codes but Eml still on with same codes making me think it’s a wiring issue anywhere to start looking or any suggestions?
    2005 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD BKD 140PS

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said: First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

VAG Error Code: 18532/16469/5290/008448
    EOBD II Error Code: P2100

Fault Location:
    Throttle Actuator Control System - Open Circuit

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Throttle actuator control motor.
    Throttle actuator control motor relay.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

When is the code detected?:
    Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the Engine Control Module (ECM) via throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ignition switch is turned ON, the Engine Control Module (ECM) sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the Engine Control Module (ECM) sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the Engine Control Module (ECM).

VAG Error Code: 18534/5296/008450
    EOBD II Error Code: P2102

Fault Location:
    Throttle Valve Actuator Module [J338] - Signal Low/Circuit Low/Short Circuit to Earth

Possible Cause:
    Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) short to earth.
    Throttle actuator control motor.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.