Thread: Major Service VW Cordwallis agent want close on 300.00 to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Major Service VW Cordwallis agent want close on 300.00 to do this.

How difficult is it for me to complete a major service on a 2011 VW Caddy Maxi window van? I look into the handbook and they recommend certain hytec oils like VW 507 00. Any ideas as to what engine oil this ?
    I can buy generic VW parts from GSF car parts at quite a bit cheaper than original VW parts. But are they safe to use? Like oil, air and fuel filters.
    The handbook recommends battery replacement with electromagnetic compatibility. I have found a YUASA 12v 80ah 760a YB5096 {hsb096} battery on line for 100 from The Battery Shop UK. Does any know if this battery has the same electromagnetic compatibility?
    Any other advice on doing a full service in the home garage would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by SteveUK; 29-03-18 at 16:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI-CR uses VW 507.00 because it has a Diesel Particle Filter (DPF).

Batteries are another strange thing. You need to get one with the same 80ah and cold cranking amps 760a. There are many battery providers you can Google they will show the dimensions to make sure it fits.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a proper diagnostic computer system such as VAG-COM\VCDS?
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advice. Yes the battery also needs to be electromagnetic compatible. All round without diagnostic equipment to service myself could turn into a bad idea.
    2011 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    No diagnostic equipment. So could turn into a bad idea. My train of thought is more applicable to older engines.
    2011 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI-CR