Thread: Steering wheel swap.

Post Thanks / Like

Steering wheel swap.

Hi All,
    Is it possible to change the steering wheel on my Golf MK 7 from thisClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Steering-Wheel-Cover-For-Volkswagen-Golf-7-VW-Golf-7-MK7-XuJi-Car-Special-Hand-stitched.jpg_640x.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	5970 to this type Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golf-R-mk7-2016-no-Paddles-Slighlty-thicker-Perforated-leather-on-sides-Smooth-top-bottom-Black-.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	671.4 KB 
ID:	5971 would it be plug and play or would there be other things to change to make everything work? There would not be any paddles as my Golf is a manual.

Kind regards
    2017 Golf SE 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have one at your disposal - if not have you priced one of these Mk7 wheels up? 400-500 on eBay! Anyhow lots of tricky stuff in there not least the airbag replacement. Nice upgrade though especially if you can get the controls to function with the radio/media unit. Good luck anyhow!
    2016 Golf R-Line Edition 1.4 TSI 150 ACT BMT. Urano Grey. Pan Roof. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack. Car-Net. Serron Alloys.
    2014 Polo SE 1.2 90ps TSI​ Flame Red. Sat Nav.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, my GOLF 2017 SE NAV already has all the buttons on my existing wheel that work with the infotainment system only difference with the wheels is the airbag so I was hoping it will just be plug and play or little modification I'm no expert though! Hence me asking for advice.

Cheers
    2017 Golf SE 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    There are many Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) with different control modules. The wheel will physically fit but it needs coding with VAG-COM\VCDS.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply.
    2017 Golf SE 1.6 TDI-CR