Thread: 2013 CC mirror glass

Post Thanks / Like

2013 CC mirror glass

Hi all, someone hit my mirror today on a country lane as they decided they didn’t need to slow as the road thinned out, the casing is fine but the glass is smashed on the drivers side. I called up vw and they quoted 210 just for a replacement glass!!!! Does this sound right? It’s a heated mirror and on back has the two clip on wires which I presume are for the heating but it also has two more which are soldered to the back of the glass. I’ve ordered a nine genuine identical copy which comes with the mount attached to the back of the glass but VW told me that an aftermarket one would not fit and quoted something about the electrics. Surely this can’t be true??

2013 VW CC GT

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

3C8 857 521 Mirror glass aspherical wide angle with plate left PR 6XN 6XP - 58.37
    3C8 857 522 Mirror glass (convex) with carrier plate right PR 6XN 6XP 6XT 6XW 6XU - 53.30
    3C8 857 521 A Mirror glass (convex) with carrier plate left PR 6XN 6XP 6XT 6XW 6XU - 53.30
    3C8 857 522 A Mirror glass aspherical wide angle with plate left PR 6XN 6XP - 58.37
    3C8 857 522 B Mirror glass flat with plate left PR 6XC 6XN - 40.75
    3C8 857 522 B Mirror glass (convex) with carrier plate right with lettering in Arabic PR 6XN 6XP 6XT 6XW 6XU - 52.50

PR Code: 6XN Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable, separately heated
    PR Code: 6XP Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: electrically folding, electrically adjustable, separately heated
    PR Code: 6XT Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: with memory function, automatically dimming, electrically foldable/adjustable, separately heated
    PR Code: 6XW Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: automatically dimming, electrically foldable/adjustable, separately heated
    PR Code: 6XU Group: ASE Description: Exterior mirrors: automatically dimming, electrically adjustable, separately heated
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You must have electrically dimming mirrors as well as heated, hence the electrical connections. They really are that expensive!