Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: EOBD II Fault Codes Software

Post Thanks / Like
    If I search for YouTube I get at an internet explorer script error 6959 when I click on the youtube link and have to re start the app.
    Probably because your program wants to use internet explorer rather than my default browser (firefox)
    2001 Passat 1.8T - Engine code AWT

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said in the ReadMe First.txt window uses ieframe.dll which is a default install of Internet Explorer and its in use all the time whether you use IE or not. You have to skip this part of the installation. The later version I've removed ieframe.dll installation.

I've never add internet explorer script error 6959

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ernet-explorer
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Keith I can't help you then. If I try and install the complete programme it fails.
    I can only run the programme direct from the EOBD II Fault Codes.exe

Post Thanks / Like
    The installation package fails only because it tries to install ieframe.dll which is in use all the time. Just click the Skip button.

As I've said:

As I've said in the ReadMe First.txt window uses ieframe.dll which is a default install of Internet Explorer and its in use all the time whether you use IE or not. You have to skip this part of the installation. The later version I've removed ieframe.dll installation.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no option for me to skip that part of the installation, but eventually I get a registration error during the installation.
    Despite that it says I have installed successfully. but then I get the script error when I search and then click on youtube links, as I already said.
    Although I have latest flash and browser, I am still using XP. Perhaps that's the reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's very strange as I test all installation packages on my Windows 7 32bit laptop and my Windows XP main computer before posting and the skip button shows when it tries to install ieframe.dll. As I've said I've removed ieframe.dll from the newer package because its always in use whether you use IE or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Hi guys.

When I bought my Golf GTD over 4 years ago I printed out all the data from AD which we have at work. I thought if would be better if all these EOBD II error codes were in an app so you could search for the number and its description and cause would be shown. You can search the database for any VAG or EOBD II error number, Fault location and Possible causes, words or numbers. I've added different error codes that I've found over the years and it now has 7951 error codes. Now because I have a VW these codes will match VAG vehicle but obviously EOBD II error codes match alot of manufactures.

Now I've tried it on Win9x/ME/WinXp 32bit/Vista 32bit/Windows 7 32bit/Windows 8 64bit and it works ok. I first posted this app 3 years ago on myturbodiesel.com and its been very popular. The problem that Chitty posted is it didn't work on his Vista 64bit yet another users post it work on his Win7 64bit if he Run as Administrator. Other users on other forums have reported it works on Win 7 64bit and Win 8 64bit.

Please read the ReadMe First.txt file before you use it.

Yes I've heard all the excuses there are loads of sites online that give error codes but if you can't get online then your stuck.

I now have 2 package available.

1) a basic exe and ocx file.

2) a full installation package.

Please state which operating system your using?

This new app has over 10.000 error codes.

Please make comment in here if you find this app useful and click the Like option.

Update:

304 downloads of the txt file.

Now I see a lot of guests browsing this thread and they probably join the forum just to download me app then we never see them again.

Please make a comment whether you like this app or not?

Update 20/10/2015:

Mega.co.nz have updated their downloads so I've posted the new links. Sorry this isn't the new version as I would like a contribution for this one.

How do.I get this app of error codes , I clicked on it but wont open.
    2004 Polo 1.2, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boatlon View Post
    How do.I get this app of error codes , I clicked on it but wont open.
    Sorry for the late reply. When download did you use the installation package or just short one with COMCTL32.OCX EOBD II Fault Codes.exe and the ReadMe First.txt?

Which Windows operating system are you using? 64bit will need the installation package. An update of that one when it tries to install ieframe.dll its always in use whether you use IE or not, just click the Skip button to continue. The newer package doesn't install ieframe because its on all Windows version as standard.

If you use the short package and COMCTL32.OCX isn't in the Windows\System folder you will see a message COMCTL32.OCX not correctly installed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910