UK Volkswagen Forum banner

What deal do i go for? *Help

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  penkwolf 
#1 ·
Hi, first of all let me apologise if blab on a bit.

Basically i have now come into a regular income with my full time job and my football that i have set my heart on a white scriocco as my next car. I travel a 50 mile round trip to work 5 times a week and also then do personal miles at a weekend and training. Prefrebly i want a diesel but here is my dilema.

For a car i will have my part ex (700) and 1000 cash to put down as a deposit.

I have been offered 13 plate, 0millage 1.4TSI scirocco for £266 a month on 15k a year over 4 years, with a final payment of £7000.

*Pros - Brand new car - no mot, parts or labour for 3 years -*Cons - Petrol going to cost more, not as fast

I have also been offered a 2010 plate 2l diesel with 25k on the clock. This is £243 a month with a final payment of £5000 after 4 years.

*Pros - Diesel - faster *Cons- MOT etc Age

Basically i dont know what to do. I understand with PCP equity is important and surely the petrol would give me higher equity after 4 years because of the age? But then a diesel will save me alot on fuel.

Im confused! I cant get a personal loan as the interest rates are to high and so PCP is my only option!

Please, any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Jack

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, its as close call but if you really want the scirocco and can afford the extra fuel (which might not be that bigger deal on a 50 mile round trip) i personally would get the new one for the warranty and a bit more peace of mind. My Golf has the 2.0 TDI engine, this year was its 4th year and it would normally have been out of warranty but luckily I extended it as it has required the following: 2 throttle position sensors, 1 wiring fix for same, new air con compressor and dryer. Not sure how much that lot would have cost but at least £1000 or more, also you have no dpf to worry about , no risk of it ever been miss fuelled (nightmare for common rail TDI) and a higher final value. Don't get me wrong the 2.0 TDI is a lovely motor but when out of warranty can be expensive to fix and things can wrong as with all cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.