PDA

View Full Version : T5 Kombi intermittent power loss - weird problem

pumbaa
05-05-15, 08:33
Good morning all.

I'm a new member here, only my second post. I'm hoping someone in the know might be able to give some input on a very odd thing with my Kombi.

I own a 2010 T5 Kombi (2.0 TDI, approximately 92k km on the clock). I experience an intermittent power loss when cruising on the highway. The weird thing is that I've only really experienced it when it is raining, and it only happens between a rev range of 2000-2500 RPM. It almost feels like dirty fuel, or a block in the injectors. It is not a complete loss of power, it just feels like bad delivery of fuel.

I've read somewhere else that similar type of problems occur when ignition wiring or something like that (I think that's what it was) gets a bit wet. I use the vehicle in the tourism services and with winter approaching (I live in Cape Town) and our rainy season, just want to make sure it is all good.

I will have to take it to a dealer to probably fix it, but thought it would probably be a good idea to go to them armed with a bit of knowledge on potential causes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Keithuk
05-05-15, 12:28
You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.