UK Volkswagen Forum banner

How to check all is ok

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Stevedoz 
#1 ·
Hi
looks like I'll be getting the car in a little under 4 weeks, and I imagine there will be a handover where they present the new car to me.
since there is so much to cars these days it would take a long time to ensure everything is working ok from day one.
i can check obvious things at the handover, but to check all functions and systems are working properly would require a fair bit of time. Do you expect to read the manual and check each function one by one, or just wait until you use something, and if it doesn't work, go back under warranty?
thanks

#2 ·
I intend to take a camera - just in case there are any blemishes & it'll never look so perfectly new again
Ask for a copy of the PDI sheet
Ask to be shown how to check oil, screenwash etc which will also show if they're properly topped up
Check in the boot for spare, jack & the essential key for the locking wheel bolts
Be sure we get 2 keys
Ask if they can give me a short lesson in their car park on the park assist

#5 ·
I intend to take a camera - just in case there are any blemishes & it'll never look so perfectly new again
Ask for a copy of the PDI sheet
Ask to be shown how to check oil, screenwash etc which will also show if they're properly topped up
Check in the boot for spare, jack & the essential key for the locking wheel bolts
Be sure we get 2 keys
Ask if they can give me a short lesson in their car park on the park assist
I knew it was somewhere!
This is CJJE's checklist - 3rd post down
http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f125/new-vw-owner-initial-thoughts-18129-7.html
When I get home must remember to note the number of the locking wheel bolts key
Great stuff. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.