UK Volkswagen Forum banner

would not start while warm

Tags
p001600
9K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  Smsauto 
#1 ·
Dear, i have problem of starting on my 2013 Touran 2.0 TDI 110cv transmission DSG,

every morning when i start my car,it start without any problem but when i do some kilomèters like 30kilometers and engine is hot eg at 90 thén if i put off ignition and try to restart there it ll refuse start and injection yellow spring light start blinking,
at thé same time i was facing oil low pressure light during trafic jams etc but it was resolved by changing the oil pressure sensor,
But starting on warm is still there,

Diag code,P001600
i had replaced timing belt, crank sensor etc but nothing changed,
I had ordered cam sensor too but i dont think so,
Could it be flywheel problem because my flywheel make noise often,
Best regards and thanks

#3 ·
I had a look at your post earlier but it was difficult to say what the problem might be.

The code is related to crank sensor (P0016), however, since you have changed it then that is probably not the issue. By pure coincidence whilst I was browsing youtube I came across a video which is related to your engine where it cranks for a long time before starting. But that problem was only during cold start. Although it is a long shot I believe your problem is also related to your VVT system so it might be worth looking into this video:

I would suggest verifying that your coolant temperature sensor is working before going any further with VVT system. Good luck & report back how you get on!

#7 · (Edited)
Dear, lemta thanks for your post but i had verified that vvt system on Touran i dont havé it, and to confirm, i went to vw store to order vvt sensor or vvt bolt etc they confirmed that i dont have it,
Its surprising that in morning it start normal means cold and if i dont put off it can run whole day normal my,as i put off engine after running it refuse to start, plus its warm plus it take time to start, for example if its on 50 or 60 dégrée it refuse but on 2 or 5 triés it start but at 90 degree it s very bad, may be in 3 to 4 tries or continue using starter then or more long time,
I had this problem before doing timing but now it’s more day by day, it was rare but as other fault of oil pressure light blinking fault it was from almost 1 year ago and it was also only when i am in rush and engine is hot but oil qauntity never changed so I didn’t take attention but recently with timing when i change oil pressure sensor its resolved, i think there is one relation with oil pressure or temprature fault because it was also on warm engine and this one too,
Need your help dears

#8 · (Edited)
That's very strange that your engine doesn't have a VVT system. I would have thought that every engine built in the last 10 years has one.

If your scan tool can read the coolant temperature then it might be useful to see what the temperaute is before turning the car off and then what the sensor says when it doesn't restart. It's a longshot as big difference in oil temperature and coolant should get logged as a fault by the ECU. But if it didn't then a cold reading by the coolant sensor would tell the ECU to inject more fuel than necessary which would cause a non-start.

The other thing I would do is carry out an engine flush and oil and filter change just to rule out oil pressure issues due to restriction in the oil passages.

#11 ·
I had changed crank but cam I had it but I didn’t change it because it takes time to change cam sensor, other hand I bought temperature sensor, i ll change both this Sunday, other hand I contacted one vw employee to put the company diag ,
thanks

#13 ·
I really hope that it fixes your issue as I know how frustrating it is trying to fix a fault that seems to be difficult to pinpoint. It's hard enough with having all the tools. I did come across one person that had this fault code and they fixed it by replacing the camshaft sensor. So fingers crossed!

#14 ·
Delphi diag report:
P111600. Cut off heater circuit of oxygen sensor (group1 sensor 1) temporary fault.
P219600. Sonde lambda 1 row 1, mix rich or high. Fault permanent.
P001600. Correlation position of crank- position of cam- group 1 sensor A. Fault permanent.
thanks again

#15 ·
The last time you scanned your car did you erase all fault codes? If you didn't then you need to do this to check which of the codes come back after driving. Als did you disconnect the oxygen sensor connector at any point? Just trying to figure out why there was open circuit on the oxygen sensor at one point.

#16 ·
Don’t know I am confuse , from last months when warm my rpm go up to 1 grad than normal and when I accelerate it then it smokes white for a moment like 15 minutes after rpm comes normal position and smoke disappears too, I think it’s because of regeneration of dpf etc it repeated many times during havé same starting problem, then two weeks ago I open oxygen sensor sond lambda clean it and injected some cleaning product in dpf and then I do regeneration dpf, after that it never increase in rpm etc or white smoke,warm starting problem was there and still there !! Does any relation between dpf in control of diesel or starting etc? As I think increase in rpm and white smoke,
other hand flywheel is faulty means making noise in parking position, its dsg double clutch etc,
:(

#20 ·
Your problem sounds quite tricky to resolve without doing lots of testing and replacing parts. :( The only things I would do is replace the camshaft sensor and maybe do an engine flush and oil & filter change before getting an expert to look at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.