Thread: Santana

Post Thanks / Like

Santana

The Volkswagen Santana is a three-box sedan, based on the second-generation Volkswagen Passat (B2). It was first introduced in 1981[1] and the last one was built in China on 16 January 2013.[2]

The use of the "Santana" badge rather than "Passat" echoes the use of different names for the sedan versions of the Polo (Derby) and Golf (Jetta).

In North America, it was also known as the Volkswagen Quantum. In Mexico, it was named the Volkswagen Corsar, while in Argentina it was sold as the Volkswagen Carat. In Brazil and other South American countries it was known as the Santana, while the Passat Variant B2 wagon was marketed as the Volkswagen Quantum. In Europe, the Santana name was dropped in 1985 (with the exception of Spain, where the Santana nameplate was retained) and the car was sold as a Passat. European production ended in 1988.

There must be one of these still about in the UK ?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Santana uses the same engine codes as the Passat and the same years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Santana

e.g.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-11/2010, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-11/2010, Model: Santana, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears (B2 Passat some models built in Shanghai China) Quantum in North America, Corsar Mexico, Carat Argentina, Santana Quantum Brazil, Spain (Espania "E..") = Santana
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-11/2010, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2008-11/2010, Model: Santana, Engine Code: CBDC, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) 16v Timing belt Timing gears (B2 Passat some models built in Shanghai China) Quantum in North America, Corsar Mexico, Carat Argentina, Santana Quantum Brazil, Spain (Espania "E..") = Santana

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1984-07/1985, Model: Passat/Variant, Engine Code: EP, 44Kw, 60PS, 1.3 Ltr, 4 Cyls
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1984-07/1985, Model: Santana, Engine Code: EP, 44Kw, 60PS, 1.3 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: (B2 Passat some models built in Shanghai China) Quantum in North America, Corsar Mexico, Carat Argentina, Santana Quantum Brazil, Spain (Espania "E..") = Santana
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    This forum has been hidden for years as I had neglected to unhide it....
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered why I only saw this post yesterday.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.