Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microfibre clothes & bodywork care

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally use Chemical Guys Gray Matter Towel. There is no god damn way it scratches the paint, and this is cool. I do think it's worth spending a bit to get good ones, they hardly ever need replaced. Of course you can do your own research, so read more here.
    Please tell us your car spec?

Post Thanks / Like
    I always give my car a good wash first using car shampoo then I'd rub down the car with a cloth to remove any water makers.

From time to time I would use a screen wash due to the constant rain we get in the uk.

Side note: If you have any scratches on your car I use Turtle wax scratch remover, it gets rid of most scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    My usual routine for cleaning would be to start with a wash using a car shampoo.

After that I'd inspect the car for scratches, I use turtle wax scratch remover to get rid of any marks on the car.

Then I'd give the car a rub down with a few cloths to get rid of any water marks or residue left over from the scratch remover.

Here after I would make sure there was enough water in the windscreen washer and add in some screen wash as well.

Finally I would hover the interior and put in a new car air freshener.

Last edited by Petrolhead94; 13-09-18 at 11:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Expresso,

Ive been a professional detailer now for fifteen years and I have seen many fads come and go. A quality microfiber drying towel will help your drying process a lot, it will reduce streaks and be kinder to the paintwork. I use Britemax Ubermax on all the vehicles I maintain.

https://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/br...el-c2x18195320

But, you will need to look after your cloths, they need to be washed at a low temperature every time you have used them, there must be no conditioners in the wash to clog the drying abilities of the towel and ideally they should be tumbled to fluff them up. For general buffing and disposably cheap I buy the Kirkland MF's from Costco, these get used twice then thrown. ALL towels must be kept clean, the last thing you want is to marr the paintwork which you have worked so hard to restore.

Clay bars are a bread and butter must for detailing, they are paint of paint preparation. It will remove bonded contaminants from the paintwork after having washed the car and therefore give you a nice smooth canvas to work your magic on. For ease of use you may want to consider a clay mitt, these are longer lasting and a heluv'a'lot easier to use.

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/coll...y-polymer-mitt

Hope this helps.
    2006 Golf GTI 2.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12