UK Volkswagen Forum banner

New to Golf 1.6Tdi Dsg 2010 on 17k miles. DSG QUESTIONS

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  panaos99 
#1 ·
Hi Folks. Read about DSG recall. I have a query. WHY do you and others mention a gearbox oil change. 7 speed has no oil box!!!
What does the software upgrade actually do ?

Only difficulty I have, but now got used to it. My drive slopes up and then levels off. Go into sport mode, then go as slowly as I can, but get jusddering if too slow. Then just before it levels take off the power and let it crawl to the stopping point. Just got to go slow becasuse of downpipe and soil pipe.

It was easy with my Ausi A4 's with manual clutch as I could ride the clutch at 1200 revs. I have no problem with starting in first and in 20 yards to goes to 2nd and onwards.

Does the electronics really alter things as it reads your driving style. I am gentle and get 56/58 overall and 62/65 on 70 mile motorway runs.

Good site. Regards

#3 ·
The 7 speed box has a dry clutch but it certainly has oil or it would seize! There is oil in the final drive which can be changed and which is responsible for the 34F4 and F6 Campaigns as this synthetic gear oil causes damage to the internal electronics which can cause a fuse to blow and there is also oil inside the internal Mechatronic oil which is factory filled and MUST not be drained as it cannot be replenished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.