Thread: Vag-com

Post Thanks / Like

Vag-com

Hi all, I recently purchased the VCDS software from Ross Tech and I could not be happier with it! Amazing price for what you get!

However, my issue is that my car seems to have no basic settings. When I try to do a throttle body alignment I follow ALL of the steps exactly and when I click "Switch to Basic Setting" it ALWAYS says, no matter the group, ERROR: GROUP *** NOT AVAILABLE. The only one that works is Group 000 and that just chucks up meaningless numbers, all of the others up to the highest group number you can have gives you an error.

Any suggestions?
    2001 Polo Classic 1.4 16v, APE, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    If its a genuine VCDS cable Register it online and join the Ross-Tech forum and post a question with an Autoscan in between Code tags [CODE] Full AutoScan [/CODE]
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which engine type code is in your Polo? Are you doing the Basic Settings with the engine running? Using full VCDS on your car is only scratching the surface of its abilities, akin to using a Supercomputer to turn a light on and off.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your response. I am doing the basic settings with the engine off as it says it needs to be off to perform the TBA. My engine code is APE.

Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keithuk, these are the exact steps that I have followed with no success.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the APE it is Basic Settings 04, Main Group 060 so if you get an error doing this you must have an error code in the fault memory such as

17989 (P1581) Throttle valve control part -J338 Basic setting not performed
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crasher, I have tried all of this and I do not get that error. The only errors I get are the following which are not related:

16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1: System Too Lean
    P0171 - 35-00 - -
    17607 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heater Circuit: B2 S2: Electrical Malfunction
    P1199 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    17592 - Linear O2 Sensor; Common Ground Wire: Open Circuit
    P1184 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    17598 - Linear O2 Sensor; Reference Voltage: Implausible
    P1190 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I bought the VCDS software after I was having a rough idle. I have cleaned the throttle body, hence why I wanted to realign when I found our that I couldn't!

Post Thanks / Like
    Check that your throttle body is part number 036 133 062 L. Check fuse 1 in the under dash fuse box.

Which version number of VCDS are you running, 12.12.3? Where did you buy the cable and how much did it cost?

Vile Invention

Post Thanks / Like
    VAG Error Code: 16555
    EOBD II Error Code: P0171

Fault Location:
    Fuel Trim (FT), Bank 1 - System too Lean

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Excessive Fuel Consumption.

Intake/Exhaust System Leak(s).
    Secondary air injection (AIR) system.
    Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor (G71).
    Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70).
    Fuel pressure/pump.
    Injector(s).
    Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid (N80).
    Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor (G70).
    Check Fuel Pressure Regulation.
    Check Fuel Pump.
    Check Injectors.
    Check Intake/Exhaust System for Leaks.
    Check Secondary Air System for Leaks.
    Check Vacuum Pipes for Leaks.
    In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the Mass air flow (MAF) sensor (G70) does the trick. It's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner.

Special Notes:
    Fuel Trim Information

Tech Notes:
    If the P0171 is combined with the P0174 code, it's very likely that the problem is caused by an intake leak. If there are no intake leaks, the next step is to replaced the air filter and clean the air flow meter. If the problem persist the front Oxygen (O2) sensor may need to be replaced.

VW and AUDI Engine code P0171 P0174 P1136 and P1138

When is the code detected?:
    Fuel injection system does not operate properly.
    The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too small. (The mixture ratio is too lean.)

Description:
    With the Air/Fuel Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.

In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the Engine Control Module (ECM) judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) (2 trip detection logic).

VAG Error Code: 17607
    EOBD II Error Code: P1199

Fault Location:
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (O2S) 2, Bank 2 Heater Circuit - Circuit Malfunction

Possible Cause:

Failed Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (O2S) 2 heater circuit.
    Wiring Harness issue.
    Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (O2S) 2.
    Failing Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Solutions:
    Inspect and test Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (O2S) heater circuit as per repair manual.
    Inspect and test wiring harness as per wiring diagram.
    Replace Engine Control Module (ECM) if Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor (O2S) and wiring harness are to factory design.
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

Special Notes:
    On V6 engines, B1S2 and B2S2 may share a common ground though the Engine Control Module (ECM), see wiring diagram.

VAG Error Code: 17592
    EOBD II Error Code: P1184

Fault Location:
    Linear Oxygen (O2) (Lambda) Sensor: Common Earth Wire - Open Circuit

Possible Cause:

Wiring/Connector(s) open circuit.
    Oxygen (O2) (Lambda) Sensor.

Possible Solutions:Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).

VAG Error Code: 17598
    EOBD II Error Code: P1190

Fault Location:
    Linear Oxygen (O2) (Lambda) Sensor: Reference Voltage - Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Oxygen (O2) (Lambda) Sensor.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).

As taken from my EOBD II Fault Codes Software