Thread: Windows opening & problems with central locking....

Post Thanks / Like

Windows opening & problems with central locking....

Hello all, I've got a problem with my Bora,War and Peace but here the bones of it.. I returned to the car after it was parked overnight to find all the windows down. I had a laugh about it nothing taken and put it down to the age of the car.

Few weeks later I again returned to find the windows down & the car soaked (Due to the lovely weather up North!)
    The battery was flat & the central locking was clicking away but not popping up the door locks.
    I jump started the car & gave it a good run all the time the central locking was clicking away. On leaving the car the windows would open and the central locking would click away.

Took it to local garage who tested battery (Fine) Carried out diagnostic found two faults one in the boot lock & one in drivers door. They stated they rewired the boot & dried out the driver door module. Paid for work done & next morning all windows down soaked interior and flat battery. Gave them the car again and an second hand door module put in drivers door. An "old door module" was left on the passenger seat for my peace of mind!. It has been ok for few weeks however I came out this morning to find both front passenger windows half way down.Battery was fine started no probs. No clicking from central locking.

I am sceptical about the door module and from reading previous posts second hand ones can be faulty also. Any thought or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers
    2002 Bora 1.9 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Can you post the 2 error codes found?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith,

I never noted the codes down, lets just say I don't think i'll be getting them either!

Any ideas?
    2002 Bora 1.9 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a common problem and most instances I have had since around 2000 has been people inadvertently pressing the unlock button with the key in their pocket. There is a VW procedure for making the total opening system less prone to this but it requires that the system is recoded using VCDS or similar. Is either of your front door de-locked without a key position? If they are this may have been a DIY mod where they did not fit the special blanking plug into the door module that prevents the operating slot turning and causing this problem. If the problem happens almost immediately the car is powered up, that will be easy for someone with VCDS who knows what they are doing to look at the measuring blocks for the door locks to see which one is doing it.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone help with this my 2000 Bora 1.9 TDI doing the same? Car locked no one near or touching key next minute all 4 windows down....

Post Thanks / Like
    You will need to have the central convenience system code read, the codes printed out and then cleared. Then the central locking needs to be used a few times to see if it generates any faults, it is likely to be the drivers door lock unit.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: