Thread: Tuning my 1997 1.9TDI Vento

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning my 1997 1.9TDI Vento

Hi guys,

Was looking for some help with what is best for a 1.9 vento engine tuning wise.

I've read into bigger injectors and was wondering what injectors would fit straight onto my engine?

Also can the EGR be deleted from this engine? I have looked for kits and struggled to find any at all!

I also have a K&N cone filter here but have been told its better to get a performance insert for the standard air box?

Opinions and more possibilities would be grand

Cheers, Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    EGR removal does not give any more power and is illegal. On your engine, the amount of EGR flow can be reduced using a diagnostic computer system such as VCDS. A cone filter will be no better than a K&N panel filter. Upgrading the injectors depends on which horsepower version of engine you have and needs careful ECU re-mapping to match. The easiest step to getting a good 30% or so more power is a tuning box (not one of these stupid 40 fleaBay things). If you want to go further, you need more cooler pressurised air so the typical conversion is to fit the ARL engines turbo, a larger intercooler and some larger injectors and then have a custom remap to bring these all together.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: