Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Problem following emissions fix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian7NS View Post
    Link for disgruntled VW diesel owner following emissions software 'upgrade'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-live-27032018

... join
    Our confidence in VW has been shaken: curtailed; But we are not so foolish to believe anything the BBC says any more!
    2013 Passat B7 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoftee View Post
    Our confidence in VW has been shaken: curtailed; But we are not so foolish to believe anything the BBC says any more!
    Who do you believe?
    Manufacturer?
    Any Garage?
    Trusted Garage (but only until they blow smoke!)?
    Newspapers?
    Guy down the pub?
    Donald Trump?

Who can you believe/ trust?

I'm not suggesting anyone take information as gospel but at least check it out ... do you believe politicians ?

P.S. I drive a petrol Polo.
    2013 Polo 6R Match Edition 1.2, CGPB, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian7NS View Post
    Who do you believe?
    Manufacturer?
    Any Garage?
    Trusted Garage (but only until they blow smoke!)?
    Newspapers?
    Guy down the pub?
    Donald Trump?

Who can you believe/ trust?

I'm not suggesting anyone take information as gospel but at least check it out ... do you believe politicians ?

P.S. I drive a petrol Polo.
    Careful old boy, I am a garage and I spend my free time on here helping people like you....
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

4. Thanks Sam&Anne, Keithuk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Careful old boy, I am a garage and I spend my free time on here helping people like you....
    Hi Crasher.

No Offence intended to those who, like yourself, share years of experience and genuinely give the best advice available with no ulterior motive.

My post was intended for MrSoftee to illustrate that information is only good when it comes from a trusted source.
    2013 Polo 6R Match Edition 1.2, CGPB, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if upset your faith in the status quo Brian, you obviously like your BBC. What I meant to say was, perhaps the BBC are not so trustworthy as we would hope they might be. They will only follow your interests if they are interested in you: if you do not suit their agenda you will find little sympathy and perhaps some antipathy. For example, the climate lobby and their house view on diesel. They are not automatically friends of the British people by virtue of their title.
    2013 Passat B7 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of people here that are not friends of the British and many of them are British, some back as far as records go. We seem to be at a place where we have to be angry at something. Rather than just getting on with sorting problems, they are used for left wing political gain.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question...

HAVE VW insisted on any prerequisites, such as having the car ran thru a diagnostic check, prior to the fix taking place ?

I'm asking as I was at a local dealership, physically asking for the recall fix to be done on my car. The garage insisted that my car would need to be scanned & that any faults, such as a faulty sensor, would have to be repaired at my own cost, on top of the 90 they charge for the diagnostics.

Only once the car was given a clean bill of health would they proceed. I was also advise that once done there are a list of 13 or 15 components that VW will replace, free of charge (including the EGR valve & the DPF), if they go faulty within 24 months of the fix.

Anyone had similar experiences, or is it just this particular National chain of dealerships are out to milk members of the public ?
    2010 Golf BlueMotion Estate 1.6L TDI-CR, Silver (LAW7)

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...pshsy4he27.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...

VW UK Customer services confirmed that as part of the fix, the garage would need to scan my car & that any faults, such as a faulty sensor, would have to be repaired at my own cost before any work can take place.

Pity there is nothing on their website in the FAQ's that explains this, nor have a I seen any similar comments in the letters they sent me.
    2010 Golf BlueMotion Estate 1.6L TDI-CR, Silver (LAW7)

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...pshsy4he27.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car is out of warranty. If it goes in for a service and the garage tells you it needs a new EGR valve, Air Mass Meter or anything else, you would not expect to have VW pick up the bill, would you? If it goes in for the emissions recall the supporting emissions sensors need to be in working order for the update to be successful so any such faults are not under warranty, which is only fair. Having said that the recall is a disaster and should be avoided at all costs!

Vile Invention

11. Likes Mmalkie liked this post
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314