Thread: Touran 2016 Brand New

Post Thanks / Like

Touran 2016 Brand New

Hi,

Purchased a brand new Touran 2 weeks ago and I am very pleased with the car. To my surprise whilst I was looking through the car I noticed I have no spare tyre which I suppose is normal these days. What I was more surprised about was the lack of emergency repair kit that I had in my previous car which was a Ford. I contacted the dealership and they have informed me that the repair kit is not standard on the brand new Touran ? When I looked on the website it does not really mention it as standard but also does not give the option to add one as an extra. I am confused. Does anybody know what is correct and have any experience with their car ?

Cheers

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Not supplying a spare wheel is another VW cost cutting exercise, I'm sure they should supply the repair kit as standard if they don't supply a spare wheel.

ETKA shows in accessories:

Tyre sealant - 8E0 012 619 - 47.36
    Air compressor - 5N0 012 615 D - 118.08
    There show a steel spare wheel 6.5Jx16 - 5QA 601 027 03C - 84.88
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason many car manufacturers don't supply a spare wheel now is because omitting it reduces the car's weight and CO2 emissions when it is tested. In the UK of course that can lead to lower VED rates too. However I would certainly add a spare wheel to any car I bought - and think very carefully about any car which does not have a space to keep one. In fact, I didn't think the 7 seat Touran had a space to keep a spare wheel - unlike the 5 seat version?

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

4. Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the current Touran price list, the S and SE trim level cars come with a tyre mobility kit (ie compressor and sealing foam). However the SEL and R-Line come with 'mobility' tyres instead and so don't have the mobility kit included. There's no mention of a spare wheel option in the price list so I'm still not confident that there'd be anywhere to store one in the car!

If you've bought a S or SE then the mobility kit should be present. If you've bought a SEL or R-Line then it's not needed!

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Golf 4 GT TDI 3 Door from 11/1998 to 3/2006.
    Polo 4 Twist 1.2 3 Door from 12/2003 to 4/2009.
    Skoda Octavia 2 L&K 2.0 TDI from 3/2006 to 12/2011.
    Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI DSG from 12/2011 to 2/2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is 2017 Touran R-Line and does not come with mobility tyres but the kit instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Removing the temporary spare was a weight cutting measure, not a cost cutting one, just like removing the underbody protection and this is all in the insane pursuit of perceived Co2 reduction, by a gram here or 0.01 gram there. Anyway, cost cutting exercises are aimed at making the vehicle both more afforbale and profitable, i.e. the customer can afford to buy it and the manufacturer can afford to make it and stay in business SO you can buy that product instead of a Hyundai..... or moving further on Cherry, BYD, SAIC or any one of the other half hundred Chinnese brands about to hit our shores ohh so soon.... BUT no one will take any notice, they will just go out and look at this cheap **** and be sucked in by it and we will be in the early 70’s again and having been there last time, I would like to opt out....
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

8. Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Sharan has tyres that self seal if they puncture. However, I recently found a compartment I didn't know the car had and inside was a tyre inflater and repair kit.

Gra
    2017 Sharan SEL 2.0 TDI-CR, SCR 184 6spd DSG, Atlantic Blue, Palladium Grey Alcantara, Xenon headlights, electric rear doors, rear camera, folding mirrors, Dynaudio sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are degrees of hole, some big and some small so some self seal and others need help, as in life, size matters....
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: