Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: PDF files

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to KeithUK for sending me the pdfs of the wiring for type code 3C51Z6.. I have done some checking of the actual fuse locations compared to what is shown in the pdf. Me thinks that that type code may be for LHD. There is nothing on the .pdf that I could find which indicates where there are differences between RHD & LHD in the wiring. But looking at ETKA online, the fuse box holders on each side of the dashboard have different part numbers depending on whether LHD or RHD. To be clear what I mean here, I have attached images of my car. So if anyone with a similar UK spec car can tell me the actual fuse locations in fuseholders like those, round the right way, I would be very appreciative. Note the fuse boxs/holders have to have been manufactured to suit the driving side of the car. They cannot be simply swapped from one side to the other - they have to be made as a mirror image which explains the different part numbers.
    My car is type code 3C176 which is Australian spec. (VIN WVWZZZ3CZ8P117591) What would be the UK type spec for B6 2.0ltr TDI DSG up to around April 2008? Anyone know?
    Thanks in advance. !st one is RHS (drivers), 2nd is LHS (passengers) for RHD car.
    2008 Passat 2.0 TDI-PD BMR, DSG Type Code 3C2176 (Aussie spec)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi KeithUK,

I am hoping that they are for RHD & at least one will line up with my car.
    Could I try these please,all from the list you have aready prepared, as I understand it, even though I realise they are 1.9s:

2006 Passat 1.9 TDI-PD Fuses & Relays 3C2011 3C2111 BXE
    2006 Passat TDI BLS Fuses & Relays 3C2221 3C2021 BLS
    2007 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD Fuse & Relays 1K1B82 BNM 6 speed 1K1B83 6 speed DSG - due me having seen that the Golf 5 apparently had the same (similar?) looms as the Passat B6.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I've said I don't have your Type Code listed why do you want to look at other Type Codes?

I don't have ElsaWin installed yet.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, this link above is for LHD US/Canada vehicles only: MK6 Golf/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keithuk, I am hopeful that one of those may have the same configuration. If I knew what the type code for an UK spec vehicle similar to mine, then I could be more specific. Whether ElsaWin when accessed from the UK will show non-UK variants I do not know.I am not expecting you to search through those pdfs to see whether they are for LHD or RHD. I can do that & do a few random checks if one is RHD to see if the fuse locations line up with mine. Then I can work out the rest of them if it seems similar or at best the same. So if you have those pdfs already done, then it would be great to try that out. I realise your ElsaWin is not working & I am not trying to push you to get it up & running again. Those pdfs may solve my problem if I am lucky. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieVAGnut View Post
    Hi guys, this link above is for LHD US/Canada vehicles only: MK6 Golf/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations
    The link is from another forum I used to use which is now dead. I thought I had saved that PDF file but I can't find it.

That was for a Mk6 Golf GTI not a Passat.

Mk6 Golf fuse box
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    That link jumps to a "small" page with a fuseholder diagram & location list, but again it is for LHD. THe shape of the fuseholder block only fits on the LHS of a Passat or Golf. THat shape must be mirrored for RHD, and as a result, the fuse locations are a different, with some of the LHD fuses remaining on the different shaped fuseholder on the LHS of a RHD vehicle, & some on the RHS. THis is why no diagram for a LHD vehicle works for a RHD car. I have a copy of the MK6/GTI Wiring Diagrams & Component Locations as per your earlier post, which I had found on the net previously, which is why I can confidently say it is for North American market LHD vehicles. I will email you a copy so you can give it to anyone who would find that useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I tried to email it, the file size was too big & would not go. it is something like 1100 +pages. Someone must have collected a number of different sections from Elsawin & combined them into one pdf. I will have to break it up into several smaller ones to email it, or upload it somewhere by FTP.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415