Thread: Replacing air vent in centre console

Post Thanks / Like

Replacing air vent in centre console

Hi,
    Newbie to forum and newbie to VW ownership - 2012 Touran 1.6 TDI as per signature.

I have bought a replacement air vent for the centre console that blows out to the rear seats. Previous owner had kids who kicked the old vent to shreds.

How do I remove the trim though?
    I've removed the torx screw in the cup holder part but it still won't budge.
    It feels like it should unclip but there is something stubborn there and I don't want to pull too hard.

Have trawled the internet but can't find anything. Thought there would be a youtube clip but none!

Thanks in advance
    2012 Touran 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever solve your problem?

I have same problem with drinks holder

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

The Tig - your car spec says 0. Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking every time, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. Adding your car spec

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.