Thread: CC , 5 dash lights came on out of the blue..

Post Thanks / Like

CC , 5 dash lights came on out of the blue..

hI I hope someone can help , my wifes cc has five dash lights which all came on at once two days before the ****** MOT !

Its close to this

My lights are

1.Steering issue
    2.ABS
    3.TPMS
    4.ESP/ASR
    5.Parking/break

The parking sensors dont wont either !

We took it too the dealer and they are saying rear speed sensor along with brake discs , brake fluid a new tyre and oh yeah a cam belt ! , based on the above I know its need the sensor but the dealer wants 430 pounds for the sensor and bearing which they say is part of the sensor but I thought the bearing was separate ! Also I saw a you tube video showing a sensor replacement that was only 12 mins long ! seems a bit steep to me espicially as the sensor is less than 50 pounds.

If I use the garden hose on it is there a chance its just dirty ? could I do this myself ie change sensor ? never worked on a car before! is it easy , looked pretty syraight forward except the bashing to get it out and some people have said they had to hack theres out in bits, dont fancy that .

appreciate any thoughts

James

Post Thanks / Like
    That video is titled 2010 VW Passat ESP/ABS/Tyre Fault lights. Your car spec says: 2012 CC with no engine size.

If its been into the dealer for diagnostics there should have given you a report with error codes on it. Post the codes found?

The ABS wheel sensors are a separate part its the sensor ring that's built into the wheel bearing on newer models.

ABS Wheel Sensor: Rear Right (G44)
    ABS Wheel Sensor: Front Right (G45)
    ABS Wheel Sensor: Rear Left (G46)
    ABS Wheel Sensor: Front Left (G47)
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem. The dealer diagnosed this as one ABS sensor faulty and possibly the sensor ring on the bearning on the same wheel. I changed the ABS sensor but the lights stay. At the same time I took it to the dealer's the diagnosed a EGR valve faulty and exchanged it at their own cost (CO2 scandal?). The strange this is that the car runs fine with the fault lights on. If the disappear, as they sometimes do, the car starts behaving strangely - losing and gaining speed and the speedometer jumps 15 km/h up and down. No one I talk to believes that could be due to the bearing so I am hesitant to have that changed.

James, did you find a solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Warning lights shown in attachment. ESP, ABS, Parking, Steering, TPMS

Warning lights shown in attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESP ABS lights.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	6746  

Post Thanks / Like
    EINARSIM - First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,

Do you think that a tool like this will provide the codes?
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B07BS7...?ie=UTF8&psc=1