Thread: P113 fault

Post Thanks / Like

Angry P113 fault

I have a p113 fault on my mk5 2007 1.9tdi jetta and I can't get rid of it. The IAT reads -36 steady on the obd and I have checked all the maf wires at the maf and they are fine.

I took the ecu out and the fault cleared for 1 hour or so but then came back. It stays as a pending fault for a while but only displays on the dash after I switch the car off and then restart it.

Could I need a new ecu? Or would one of the pins be corroded? Does anyone know the ecu PIN numbers for the maf on this car? Think the engine code is BXE

does this car have 2 IATs?

Can anyone offer any advice or help.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions.

P113 fault there is a number missing of that code as ALL EODB II codes are 5 character starting with a letter.

There are a few Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 1 (G42), Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 2 (G72), Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 3 (G520)
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    P0113 g42 iat signal too high

ive replaced the map too as I wasn't sure if the iat sensor was in the maf or map and the faults still there

ive checked for broken wires and they all seem fine

is there a fuse for the iat? If so where would it be?

thanks
    Last edited by Jon44w; 19-07-17 at 22:57.
    2007 Jetta 1.9 TDI-PD BXE

Post Thanks / Like
    VAG Error Code: 16497/000275/20572/5282/4187
    EOBD II Error Code: P0113

Fault Location:
    Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42) - Signal too High

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42) faulty.
    Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 (G42).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42) < -46°C.
    Check/Replace Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42).

When is the code detected?:
    An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).

Description:
    The Intake Air Temperature Sensor is built into mass air flow sensor or in some vehicles mounted to the air filter duct housing. The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases in response to the temperature rise. The Intake Air Temperature signal is used as an input for various systems in the vehicle.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The G42 is in the Air Mass Meter, the code is too high but the value is -36!!!???
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    The -36 iat g42 is flat lining on my obd display

i read somewhere that's the vw default reading for no signal?

i changed tha iat and maf and it's still the same!

ive checked all the wires to the ecu and checked fuses and no luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vcds

00275 intake air temp sensor (g42)
    p0113 -000- signal too high

freeze frame :

fault status 01100000
    fault priority 2
    fault frequency 1

then there are 3 temperature readings

133.2 Celsius
    48.6 Celsius
    35.1 Celsius

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it sorted, there was a bad connection from MAP pin 1 to the ECU right at the ECU (it had to be removed to check it)

I hope this will help someone else in the future because why the obd was giving a fault code in the maf when the problem was in the map is beyond me.

Anyway thanks to all who posted help, I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve exactly the same problem on my Passat. What should the voltage be across each pin?