Thread: Parts that fit a mk1 caddy

Post Thanks / Like

Question Parts that fit a mk1 caddy

Hello all

just recently bought a 1991 mk1 caddy 1.6d, and I was just wondering how everyone found the parts that fit their caddy. Im having quite a hard time finding parts. Also wondering if anyone knows what other parts from other VWs that fit the caddy?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

CaddyCat

Post Thanks / Like
    Many Caddy specific parts are a sketch, I rebuilt one about 5 years ago and did a 1.9TD AAZ conversion and some of the parts such as door mirrors and rear bumpers were evil to find and daft money.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m having a very hard time finding parts, managed to find a nice front and rear bumper, my fuel tank is completely bashed and broken trying to find a spare, any chance if you know a mk1 golf fuel tank would fit the caddy? Any other tips would be brilliant Crasher

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    The tank is unique to the Caddy, the part number is 170 201 075 J but you may also need a new filler neck. I can't see one available anywhere, you may end up having yours restored or a new one fabricated.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)