Thread: Water in passenger footwell

Post Thanks / Like

Water in passenger footwell

Hi everyone. I've got a 57 plate Passat Estate and in getting alot of water in the passenger footwell. Yesterday I took the plastic trim off and lifted one side of the carpet up. I hoovered up the water and dried the remainder of it with a towel. With the carpet up I sprayed the windscreen, passenger door front and back, roof rack, engine bay and wheel arch and no water came in at all. Since yesterday we've had some light rain and the footwell is flooded again !! Any idea what it could be? I initially thought it was the mesh cover on the fan but i sprayed alot around that area and no water came in.
    2008 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD BNM 170PS
    2002 Golf 1.9 TDI, ATD

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever solve the issue. ??? my rear footwell is under water and i dont know why

Post Thanks / Like
    Same pollen filter housing seal as B5 / 5.5 issue ?

Post Thanks / Like

Flooded rear footwell

Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Same pollen filter housing seal as B5 / 5.5 issue ?
    Waters getting in from somewhere. The whole rear footwell behind drivers seat was flooded. Coz of this its making the windows fog up a lot too.
    How do you go about making your on thread on here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joenicks93 View Post
    Ever solve the issue. ??? my rear footwell is under water and i dont know why
    No never found the cause. If it's coming in at the back check the door seals. Few times I've had the back chair getting wet when we've had heavy wind and rain.
    2008 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD BNM 170PS
    2002 Golf 1.9 TDI, ATD

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this your 57 plate Passat Estate from you collection or are you trying to fix this problem on someone else's?

Does it have a sunroof as the drain pipes get blocked with rubbish and an drains inside the car?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive an 04 Passat saloon. Really difficult to tell where its coming in from. Panicking because im about to spend a winter in the alps and dont want it freezing solid getting the ecu overnight

Post Thanks / Like
    04 Passat .

Do all..

Plenum drains
    Pollen filter housing
    ECU housing seal
    Reseal all 4 lower half of inner metal brose door panels .

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this same problem on my 08Golf estate, turned out to be a small hole under the windscreen, the plastic trim that runs underneath and collects the water to stop it entering under the bonnet. I put a small squeeze of clear silicone in the hole and all fixed, no more water.....
    2008 Golf Estate Sportline 2.0 TDI-PD
    2000 VW Camper 2.5D LWB

Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.