Thread: HVAC lights not working

Post Thanks / Like

HVAC lights not working

Hi folks, I'm new here and just hoping for a bit of help. My 2013 VW CC has recently decided that some of the buttons on the HVAC/climate control shouldn't work from time to time.

Any ideas what could be the culprit and how to solve this please?

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes I can start my journey with them working, then half way through the journey I look down and they've gone out.

All lights in the cabin are fine, except the three buttons on the right of the HVAC system. The buttons themselves still work, but the backlights don't. It's the buttons for fans to point at your feet, recirc button and heated seat (which in my car is the driver's seat, because it's RHD).

Thanks
    RJUK

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Its not easy to diagnose on the web without seeing the vehicle.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Your car spec says nothing, so which engine is fitted to your 2013 CC?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Its not easy to diagnose on the web without seeing the vehicle.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Your car spec says nothing, so which engine is fitted to your 2013 CC?
    Apologies, I signed up to another forum before this to try to get help and couldn't even post, so was starting to get frustrated!

It's a RHD UK-spec car, so has the 2.0Tdi 170 Blue motion Technology engine. It's a GT spec car with sat nav, heated seats, adjustable dampers and automatic xenon's.

Not sure if that makes a difference to the HVAC controls though? I imagine they're the same across all CCs?

Thanks
    RJUK
    2013 CC GT BlueMotion 2.0 TDI-CR 170PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've added the car spec you have given to your profile and signature. I'm guessing your engine code is:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2011-12/2016, Model: CC, Engine Code: CLLA, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The panel will need replacing or repairing by a company such as BBA Reman.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: