Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf TDI 2015 Brake noise and tyre pressure light

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikyBob View Post
    Noisy brakes - not normal in my opinion. Any rust build up on my Golf discs rubs off after the first few hundred yards, and are silent from then on. Do you use any sort of alloy wheel cleaning solution? This can quickly corrode the brake parts if not washed off promptly.
    I would be leaning towards the beginning of a sticky caliper or two. Jack each wheel up in turn and rotate by hand to check for noises and resistance, and possibly warping.
    I got checked by a friend and said that something is wrong with the front calipers. He said that the brakepads on the front are not straight and dont't touch the discs evenly. As I got the car only 2 months I would have expected the garage to check this as part of the service not good....
    2015 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by x19 View Post
    I got checked by a friend and said that something is wrong with the front calipers. He said that the brakepads on the front are not straight and dont't touch the discs evenly. As I got the car only 2 months I would have expected the garage to check this as part of the service not good....
    Never knew of brake pads going askew unless they had been incorrectly fitted and if your car is indeed 2015 it is even more disconcerting. Perhaps an inspection by a qualified independent, especially if the pads have been replaced for whatever reason.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12