Thread: 2015 Polo Squeaking - over uneven roads and bumps

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Polo Squeaking - over uneven roads and bumps

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my car for the past 2 months now. Whenever i'm driving there is this annoying creak/squeak sound that comes from under the front end, its much louder when going over something like a speed bump but does it along all roads that aren't 100% smooth.

I've taken it into the dealers 4 times now and last time they had it for 5 days and did some testing on it. They claim to have lubricated the suspension bushes (sway bar, control arm, cvs, ball joints, gearbox, and engine mounts)
    They also replaced an engine mount the 2nd time I took it in but that didn't stop the noise.

Sadly the noise is still there and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions on what this could be so I can feed it back to the dealers when I next take it in.

The car is a Polo 6R/6C 2015 SEL 1.2 110HP so is just coming up to 3 years old (wasn't expecting to hear noises like this on a fairly new car!)

Here's a link to my onedrive so you can see some videos on what i'm talking about: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkMrqw9ifexFl2MWI8Z6sFcuorhq
    The videos are a mixture shot over the past month (some were shot yesterday named 'new squeak'. The temperature has been varied in these videos ranging from about -4C - +14C

Thanks in advance

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keith,

Sorry but I signed up just before posting that. I was hoping other VW owners could maybe shed some light on the issue i'm having, not sure if its a common issue on a VW as its my first one.

Thanks
    2015 Polo 6R 1.2 TSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Attempting to diagnose an intermittent noise in a workshop environment must be sometimes difficult and frustrating for all concerned.
    If there's a road surface which you've found induces noise, suggest picking a dry day and take dealer's technician for a long drive.
    2013 Polo 6R Match Edition 1.2, CGPB, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that is dry anti roll bar inner bushes, we would replace them with https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-6...item5898cad11c but you need to know your bars diameter, usually 18-mm.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 8x18 Wolfrace Pro-Lite eco 2.0 wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: