Thread: 2011 VW Crafter DPF and limp mode problem

Post Thanks / Like

2011 VW Crafter DPF and limp mode problem

Hi there. I’m new to the forums and thanks for the add.

I have a 2011 Crafter 2.5 TDI Adblue.

I had the DPF warning light on for a day and a half and was looking to take it on a long run that day to regenerate.. how ever on the way to this I lost all power I.e no turbo!

I took it to a garage and tried to do an emergency dpf regeneration and this didn’t work. The guy at the garage said it may of locked out (what ever that means) and that the soot content was to high and that I would need to get unblocked or a new dpf. I managed to take it off and get it unblock and now the DPF soot Content is at 18g which is in the operating window (minimum 5g max 45g).

How ever the van is still in limp mode!!! We tried another idle regeneration but this wouldn’t work! Some people are saying it needs to go on VCDS to tell the ECU to unlock? Is this true? Also I’m trying to regenerate a sensor fail which is the exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 bank 1: short to ground P2470. Not exactly sure which one this is has there is four attached to the exhaust system.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

The Adblue is a problem which you can Google.

EOBD II Error Code: P2470

Fault Location:
    Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor 4 [G648], Bank 1 - Circuit Low/Short Circuit to Earth

Possible Cause:
    Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s) short to earth.
    Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor 4 [G648], Bank 1.
    Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor 4 [G648], Bank 1.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Crafter is a nightmare for this problem, you will need to take the DPF off and have it professionally cleaned (we use DPF Clean Team) and then a forced regen after this to get it fully cleaned out. We also fit and calibrate a new differential pressure sensor when we do this.
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh the dpf merry go round..

Post Thanks / Like
    Too right, the sooner all EU4 DPF and EU5 diesels are scrapped the better!
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. Sorry about the no introduction post!

Hereís where Iím at so far. I got a new sensor for the above error code (p2470) and fitted. Got a guy out with the vag-com and vcds software and has come up with a brake in the ground wiring? He said the is after any sensor and is part of the loom, I have a picture from his laptop of what come, donít know if anyone can make any sense of it because he couldnít and nore can I? Any ideas of where I would find this wire? Or any way to trace it?

Thanks again in advance. Cheers mike
    2011 Crafter 2.5 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.... so it seems I can’t post the picture of the wiring fault!
    2011 Crafter 2.5 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    You can post pictures as an attachment providing they aren't to big. If they are big you need to Google there are many free picture upload sites. I have used http://tinypic.com/ for along time.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.