Thread: Airbag light (Golf Plus 55 plate)

Post Thanks / Like

Airbag light (Golf Plus 55 plate)

Hi all! New to the forum, so here is my first post. I have a golf plus 55 plate. I have a MOT coming up and my airbag light has come up! It did this last time before a MOT and I paid £30 for someone to sort it. Donít ask what they did as I was just happy it passed. Now itís back. I leave everything until the last minute. I usually do work on all my own cars so want to sort it myself, with a bit of help from you clever guys! Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirralspark View Post
    Hi all! New to the forum, so here is my first post.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Post moved to correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice welcome 👍🏻

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirralspark View Post
    Nice welcome ����
    Well you would get a better welcome if you made an intro.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Post moved to correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.
    Keith I know you mean well but the highlighted line does not come across very well at all, especially to new posters who might not be familiar with the rules/etiquette.

Also this forum is like a maze and it's very difficult to find your way around the place, even for IT literate person like myself! There is way too many subsections that do not serve any useful purpose other than to confuse people. Hope this feedback is taken onboard.
    2005 Golf 1.6 FSI, BLP