Thread: Golf Bliuemotion 2012 revs 3k in idle

Post Thanks / Like

Golf Bliuemotion 2012 revs 3k in idle

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 2012 Golf Bluemotion 1.6 TDI model. It has done 130k miles.

The other day it the Engine fault light came up and the car was sluggish in pulling away. At one point whilst overtaking the car would not go as quick as before whilst accelerating. The accelerator was all the way down and no pick up.

When I got home I put the car into neutral and whilst revving the car I noticed that it would not go above 3k. The next morning no warning lights etc. I then did a 120 mile trip and in the last 10 miles the warning light came on again and the car started to feel sluggish again.

I have today just replaced its clutch and still the warning lights come on and the still is sluggish. So the garage said it could be something with the DPF and to buy a cleaner. But after reading a few posts here, could it be just a simple fuse number 3 swap out, like the VW Polo?

I am hoping its as simple as this, once again if anyone had experienced the same problems and could give some advice, I would be extremely grateful.

Jimmy.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) are a problem depending how the vehicle is driven over the years. There is no quick solution to clean them, there are companies that clean them.

You need to find someone with VAG-COM\VCDS to look at the soot content and post the figures to see if its blocked.

Post move to cover section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why did you replace the clutch? Did you carry out the VAG recommended DMF upradge at the same time? The engine MIL is on so what are the fault codes stored in the engine ECU. What’s with this fuse “swap out” thing (that Americanism is THE one that makes by blood boil)
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse: