Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MK7.5 2018 SE NAV DSG coasting problems - random occurences

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be clear - to get the "2 cyclinder mode" text you need to be in the driving data menu and then go into the petrol consumption sub menu where you can see the mpg. You should see it on these menus.
    2018 Golf SE BlueMotion NAV 1.5 TSI EVO

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a VW Golf 1.5 TSI Bluemotion with a DSG gearbox (company car) and I had 2 issues in a period of 2 weeks.When I was driving on a 4 lane road the engine switched off (when I took off my foot from the accelerator pedal) Usually after accelerating the car the engine starts again but I had a message on the car's screen which said I need to restart the engine manually.So I had to stop the car on the left lane put the hazard lights on and try to restart the engine by switching the ignition.I also had another message on the screen which said I have to put the gearbox in P (parking position).After I had done this the engine started again but it was a very dangerous situation because cars were coming from behind with 40 mph (this was in London) Same thing happened to me again yesterday when I stopped at a junction.Now to be honest I am a bit concerned about this issue because I am driving on the highway every day.Do you know how can I deactivate the coasting function?If I deactivate the engine on off function the car is still going in coasting mode when I'm driving the car between 1400 rpm and 4000 rpm.I am thinking to call VW and let them know about this issue.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another problem with this vehicle. I no longer have this vehicle so I cannot check, but I recall that if you switch off start/stop the engine should not cut out. To me your scenario is safety related and you should definitely call VWUK and also a dealer to get the car checked out. I would demand a replacement car while they sort out the problem.
    2018 Golf SE BlueMotion NAV 1.5 TSI EVO

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply! I have called VW today and next week I have to go to one of their dealerships.Hope they will sort this issue.Thanks!
    2018 Golf 1.5 TSI EVO DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar issues with car not restarting from coasting , demanding that car is restarted manually - impossible to do on the motorway! Car has been off the road for nearly a month after near major accident on the M5 ( colleagues car has been off the road for longer ) VW admits there's an issue with the software and are awaiting a patch for the software. Been told that it's safe to drive but not to use the eco function, told them they can keep it until they sort it out as it's a critical safety issue in my book. 6 cars in our fleet have all had the same issue.
    If it was a private car I would of rejected it, VW have provided a hire car at their cost which I will keep until they can remap the software.
    Advice from the dealer is not to use the eco function !
    Should VW be recalling these cars ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456